Hairstylist to the stars, Christian Wood, has teamed up with E.ON to create some energy efficient hairstyles this winter.
Looks including natural waves, polished curls and pin curls are all heat and electricity free ways of achieving the hottest celebrity styles just in time for the party season.
“I’m really passionate about saving energy so really want to show the UK how you can get amazing hairstyles without always reaching for your straighteners, tongs or other electrical gadgets.
“There are so many clever techniques out there which can give you really great looks but without the worry of the heat damaging your hair or the electricity adding to your energy bill,” explains Christian.
How to get the look without turning up the heat
Braids are a great classic way to give your hair an on-trend beach wave look. To get this look without turning up the tongs:
- Once you’ve washed your hair, run some basic product through your hair and put it into two braids and sleep in them overnight
- In the morning shake out your braids for beautiful, natural wavy hair
For polished curls guaranteed to turn heads this party season ditch the heat and let nature work its magic:
- Divide your hair into small sections and wrap around large Velcro rollers to create body and height
- There’s no need to use a hairdryer for this look, simply keep the rollers in whilst you do your make-up
- Once your face is painted to perfection, take the rollers out to reveal polished curls that would make Kate Middleton jealous
With the vintage revival in full swing you can create your own 40s-inspired look simply without getting hot under the collar:
- Start at the front of your head working backwards
- Wrap two inch sections of hair around your fingers to form a curl
- Remove your fingers and pin the curl to you head using kirby grips
- Blast your hair for a couple of minutes to heat the pin curls
Leave to set for as long as possible while you do your make-up or the housework. ??If you have the time sleep in the curls for extra effect
Go to bed as usual and awake to perfect pin curls in the morning
As well as his top styles for avoiding heat on the hair, Christian offers his top 5 products to cut down on energy use this season:
1. Dry shampoo
- Washing your hair too regularly is not good for your hair. Dry shampoo is a great tip for giving your do a fresh look and add volume to lifeless hair.
2. Beach/salt spray – Great for creating texture and waves.
- Helps to smooth the hair without using straightners or hot-brushes, which consumer energy.
4. Conditioning treatments
- For a quick 10 minute treatment, you can have hair in better condition, meaning it takes less time to style.
5. Hairspray – Brilliant for up-dos or smoothing the hair out. By holding the hair longer, it means it doesn’t have to be styled as often.
You can also save time and energy with Christian’s styling tips:
- Wear your hair in a tight bun to take away the frizz.
- With celebrities turning to the up-do for the red carpet recently. Go for the popular ponytail, trendy top knots and messy buns.
- If you require straighteners, go for the wider panel version as it will take less time to style the hair.