Following the news last week that British women are in the middle of fighting a fatiguer ‘epidemic’, these handy hints and tips from top Makeup artist Oonagh Connor give ladies hope to fight the signs of tiredness. (Full article here).
But no matter what cosmetics we use to cover up bags and weary eyes, there is one option that surpasses them all, even if ladies are reluctant to do it…
Have an early night!
1. When we’re tired, our skin appears washed out, pale and lacking lustre – to bring an instant glow, mix illuminator or an illuminating moisturiser into your foundation.
2. Bring some colour back to your cheeks by sweeping a blusher a shade brighter than your usual tone along your cheek bone.
3. Eyes are a big give-away to tiredness but luckily there’s a lot we can do in this area to brighten up our face – use eye creams to hydrate the area around the eyes.
4. To reduce puffiness around the eyes, place a spoon in the fridge to cool and then hold it over eye bags. An old wives tale!
5. To hide dark circles use concealer directly under the eyes.
6. For red eyes use flesh coloured eyeliner on the lower inside lash line.
7. Use neutral coloured eye shadows to help brighten the eyes.
8. Use eyelash curlers to open up the eyes. They can be heated or normal.
9. Use lengthening mascara to widen your eyes.
10. Never underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep. It is probably the best beauty secret I can share!
We need to consider our sleeping environment, making sure the temperature is right, and that we are sleeping on a comfortable bed. After all, the phrase ‘beauty sleep’ didn’t come from nowhere!
11. It’s vital that you drink plenty of water each day to keep your skin hydrated.
12. Eat a balanced to get the essential vitamins that will promote healthy skin, hair and nails.
13. The benefits of exercise are endless, but with a busy lifestyle it can be used to relieve stress, helping you to unwind.
Let us know how you fight the signs of tiredness?