Ex- Army fitness expert and author of several best-selling fitness books, Lucy Wyndham-Read, knows just how important it is to squeeze the most out of every day in order to inspire others with her action packed workouts.
She says: “I’m always looking for great hydration options to suggest to my clients. ZICO’s isotonic properties help the body hydrate, recover and refuel after exercise, making it the perfect postworkout partner. ZICO offers hydration for even the most active of lifestyles.”
Here are Lucy’s top tips for fitting health and hydration into a busy lifestyle:
- The Half Hour Heart Rate Rule – Whether it’s a short brisk walk or dancing round your room, try and make an effort to raise your heart rate for at least 30 minutes each day. Creating your own playlist with upbeat tunes will keep it fun and uplifting
- Hand in Hand – Increase your motivation by getting fit with a friend. Why not sign up for a series of classes together? The regular routine will encourage you to keep going and you’ll soon start to see the results of your hard work
- Variety is Key – Your body will begin to adapt to exercise so in order to burn fat and build muscle, look at changing your fitness routine every six weeks. If you usually hit the gym, why not make a splash in the pool instead? Or switch weight training for yoga?
- Stay Tuned – Make sure you listen to your body. After exercise, you need to replace vital fluids and materials lost through sweat. To stay hydrated and get the full benefits from your workout, reward your body with an isotonic drink like ZICO and feed your muscles with a healthy, balanced diet.
- R & R – Keeping fit and healthy is all about maintaining balance. After a tough workout, it’s crucial to allow your body to rest so don’t forget to take some time to stretch your muscles and relax your mind.