Caning of boys at school

The place to introduce yourself. A place to go if you just want a natter. Come in and chat away!
KiltyCol
Regent Empress

Postby KiltyCol » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm not sure about caning, but any punishment should always be applied with equal treatment for all genders and races.

Inequality and injustice cause tension and prejudice.

Girls usually have more freedom of choice in dress code. If Girls have a choice of 2 items (say, skirts and long trousers), then boys should have an equal number of choices (say, long trousers and shorts). If Girls have a choice of 5 items (as one school once listed), then boys should have a choice of 5 too, although not necessarily the same 5.
Hi de Hi from Colin.

KiltyCol
Regent Empress

Postby KiltyCol » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Alf Huckham wrote:I RECKON KILTY COL WOULD LOVE A GOOD SPANKING

MARTIN SLAP LOCK mode text?
Have you fixed the crooked church spire yet, Alf? I think that the crooked spire needs spanking straight. I am sure that they preach the straight and narrow path.
Hi de Hi from Colin.

Whisper
Guru

Re: Caning of boys at school

Postby Whisper » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:07 am

james07 wrote:Reading back some of the posts on this subject, I don't think some of your(presumably mostly female)readers realise how lucky they were.In the late 70s and early 80s I attended a traditional public school for boys where discipline meant six of the best across the bottom with a slipper or plimsoll for younger boys and the dreaded cane for older boys.Presumably to counteract some of the criticism that the school was old-fashioned the school introduced girls into the 6th form whilst I was there which helped civilise some of the boys.Unfortunately the punishment regime was still kept on, and the highlight of the week(or lowlight if you were on the receiving end)was Friday assembly where usually 4 boys would be thrashed publically in front of the whole school as a lesson to other boys not to misbehave(girls were not subject to any such punishment).
When I was 17 the first lesson after the Friday assembly was History of Art which was mostly girls as it was seen as a female subject and the female teacher would point her cane at me and threaten me with a sore bottom if I misbehaved which used to amuse the girls in the class greatly. Listening into the girls'conversations after the Friday assembly, they quite liked the spectacle of the public thrashings but the gist of their conversation was that not enough older, more fanciable boys were being caned as most of the older boys had worked out that your street credibility would be seriously affected by this.One day one of the girls in the class called Rachel who knew I fancied her came to me with a proposition.She flattered me by saying that the girls all thought I had a nice bum and that she'd be prepared to let me have my wicked way with her on one condition, that I engender a situation whereby I end up being publicly caned.As you probably know, most 17 year old boys think with their penis first so it didn't take long before I managed to insult the female teacher and she'd dragged me off to the head's office, returning to announce to the class that I was on the list.The list was the names of the 4 or so boys that were to be punished in front of the school and was posted publically the afternoon before.On the Thursday afternoon I approached the list with trepidation only to find I'd been allocated the maximum possible, 12 strokes of the cane.
News obviously spread and by the next morning I was seriously regretting going ahead with the plan.The first 3 boys were slippered quite quickly then I was last, the main dish if you like.The atmosphere was electric as I walked up to the podium.The school tradition was for a boy to receive his caning on the back of another boy piggyback style so I had to assume the position with my bottom in the air for a good couple of minutes whilst the head lectured the school on the evils I had done.Then he picked up the fearsome looking cane, tapped my bottom presumably to take aim, then proceeded to give me six of the most ferocious strokes across my backside.At this point my bottom felt like it was on fire and the head paused only to give me six even more vicious swishes of the cane to finish off.Eventually my ordeal was over but I then had to sit through lessons knowing that everyone in the school had seen me get a serious thrashing.The History of art teacher offered me a cushion for my backside with a smirk but it was a very painful day. And Rachel? She said she was sorry for my discomfort but she never intended going through with her side of the bargain as she already had a boyfriend.She said if it was any consolation the girls in the class had voted it the caning of the year and particularly enjoyed the swish of the cane through the air before landing with a satisfying thwack across my backside.Talk about kicking a man when he's down, needless to say both male and female pupils and teachers spent the next few weeks reminding me of how much they'd enjoyed seeing me get my comeuppance and how I'd deserved it.The postscript to this was that the following summer when I was 18 I was leaving school the girls in the History of Art class told me they'd made a present for me as a memento of my time at school-it was a chocolate cake made in the shape of a school cane completed with its curved handle!! They all found this hilariously funny and I had to laugh too even though school was a painful experience.I heard that public canings were banned a couple of years after I left due to complaints, from my personal experience the complaints weren't from the female pupils as they realised how lucky they were that the boys and not them were getting the cane.

I've read of these types of punishments by UKers only on this site. There might be unfair punishments in the US schools but nowhere near to this extent.
I also think you may be fantasizing that this happened when it didn't.
Girls over here in the US can get out of getting hit with a paddle by saying they are on their period, and as the school is not allowed to make them prove it - the girls did not have to take 'licks' unless they just wanted to get punishment over instead of write 300 sentences or some such punishment.
I've always felt a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. ♥¸¸·*´¯`♥ღ*.¸¸.♥ღ♥ღ♥¸¸·*´¯`♥ღ*.¸¸.♥♥¸.·*´¯`♥ღ*·¸¸.♥

Sarah Jane Parker

Postby Sarah Jane Parker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:44 pm

I do agree entirely with James that girls were very lucky not to have to endure the same forms of corporal punishments given to the boys at school.Writing lines is no comparison to the pain of the cane.
I cannot comment about what happened in schools in the United States of America but here in the UK boys have been given the traditional
six of the best canings by their headmasters and headmistreses for centuries. This has been very commonplace.

There is a website http://www.corpun.com which gives a true factual and historical account of corporal punishment all over the world.
James does not need to name his school I think anyone who went to a state run school up until 1987 would know that caning boys was
very common. Simialrly anyone who went to a public school or independent school up until 1999 would know that caning boys was very common too.
Check out the website for the facts !
[quote]BOYS will be BOYS

just passing

Postby just passing » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:23 am

Sarah Jane Parker wrote:I do agree entirely with James that girls were very lucky not to have to endure the same forms of corporal punishments given to the boys at school.Writing lines is no comparison to the pain of the cane.
I cannot comment about what happened in schools in the United States of America but here in the UK boys have been given the traditional
six of the best canings by their headmasters and headmistreses for centuries. This has been very commonplace.

There is a website http://www.corpun.com which gives a true factual and historical account of corporal punishment all over the world.
James does not need to name his school I think anyone who went to a state run school up until 1987 would know that caning boys was
very common. Simialrly anyone who went to a public school or independent school up until 1999 would know that caning boys was very common too.
BOYS will be BOYS

Hi Sarah Jane.

I am the poster who asked James to name his school. His tale sounds far too contrived to be genuine and as for the custom of making the boy to be punished bend over the back of another kneeling boy, well that sounds like something out of Dickens and about as real and contemporary as Mr Bumble the Beadle. I was at school in the mid-80s and caning simply didn't happen at my school. Ever. Not even in fifth year when the school psycho threw a tray at the head of the teacher who had pulled him out of the dinner queue for pushing in in front of group of first-years. (Personally I think he should have got fifty lashes. Or the electric chair, this boy was an utter c***. But anyway).

The girls at James' school were very lucky not to be subjected to the cane, but was that fair? In an era when equality between the genders has been such a pressing and persistent issue how is it justified to spare girls the degrading and traumatic punishment customary for boys when they are guilty in many instances of the same misdemeanours? And how do you expect the boys, especially those boys who have experienced "six of the best" to truly regard their female counterparts as their equals when they are very well aware that the girls are being given an unfair privilege?

By the way, what age group are you yourself? When were you at school? You obviously have an interest in school corporal punishment. Was this sparked in some degree by the caning of boys at your school?

schoolboy1979

Postby schoolboy1979 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am

In the late 70s I attended a mixed a mix sex catholic secondary school where cp was only used on boys in private. Our headmaster used a cane in his office and the games teacher used plimsolls also in his office but the spanking could be heard in the boys and girls changing rooms.
It didn't bother me that girls were never caned or slippered but I did notice that they flouted the school rules more often than us boys and on some occasions caused boys to receive the cane.
I think the unfair punishment regime at school has made me prefer dominant women but I'm not complaining. :D

JennyBr
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Re:

Postby JennyBr » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:42 am

james07 wrote:and they let female teachers cane boys on the bottom!! Humiliating or what? They wouldn't let girls be punished by a male teacher

At many schools girls were exempt from virtually all punishments but not at my school. I was, quite rightly, caned on my bum by the Associate Headmaster and had my bum slippered by both male and female teachers on several occasions.

Jenny.

JennyBr

Postby JennyBr » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:05 am

Sarah Jane Parker wrote:I do agree entirely with James that girls were very lucky not to have to endure the same forms of corporal punishments given to the boys at school.Writing lines is no comparison to the pain of the cane.

BOYS will be BOYS

I have to disagree. Punishing pupils, for exactly the same offence, in different ways just because of their sex is fundamentally unfair. Teachers often claim that they need the threat of the cane to maintain discipline but how can that possibly be true if half the pupils are exempt from it?

Unfairness causes resentment which has a detrimental effect on school discipline. The resentment felt by boys who were caned when girls, who had committed exactly the same offence, perhaps even as ringleaders of a group, were not is quite likely at the root of many of the problems in the UK today. Problems that don't occur in other parts of Europe where there was much more equality in schools - neither boys nor girls were caned.

That said, I'm glad I went to a school where girls were not so exempt. I got the slipper more times than I can remember. Yes, it stung, but it was all over very quickly and far better than sitting in detention or getting a sore wrist writing lines. The cane stung even more but I only got it when I deserved it and even that was better than writing what could be considered a reasonable number of lines for the types of offences I was caned for. Being treated equally engendered a great feeling of camaraderie between the boys and girls and, I believe, helped us girls achieve more than we might otherwise have done.

You may think that girls who were exempt from corporal punishment were lucky but, in my opinion, that's a very short-sighted view.

Jenny.

JennyBr

Postby JennyBr » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:13 am

BOYS will be BOYS

I have to disagree. Punishing pupils, for exactly the same offence, in different ways just because of their sex is fundamentally unfair. Teachers often claim that they need the threat of the cane to maintain discipline but how can that possibly be true if half the pupils are exempt from it?

Unfairness causes resentment which has a detrimental effect on school discipline. The resentment felt by boys who were caned when girls, who had committed exactly the same offence, perhaps even as ringleaders of a group, were not is quite likely at the root of many of the problems in the UK today. Problems that don't occur in other parts of Europe where there was much more equality in schools - neither boys nor girls were caned.

That said, I'm glad I went to a school where girls were not so exempt. I got the slipper more times than I can remember. Yes, it stung, but it was all over very quickly and far better than sitting in detention or getting a sore wrist writing lines. The cane stung even more but I only got it when I deserved it and even that was better than writing what could be considered a reasonable number of lines for the types of offences I was caned for. Being treated equally engendered a great feeling of camaraderie between the boys and girls and, I believe, helped us girls achieve more than we might otherwise have done.

You may think that girls who were exempt from corporal punishment were lucky but, in my opinion, that's a very short-sighted view.

Jenny.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 pm

In those days you must remember that females were universally known as the 'weaker sex' . It was often said that it was dangerous to cane girls and one assumed that the danger was either physical or perhaps psychological due to this weakness. However, although unlike most boys some girls were exempt corporal punishment, many were not. As mixed schools invariably had a male head (females were not generally in positions of authority in society), the protagonists of punishment were 90% male, meaning that at least 95% of mixed gender punishments would be man/girl. Fantasists please note that 95% of punishments were also private. Raised skirts for girls must have been common in these conditions but of course we don't hear quite so much about these punishments from the more secretive gender.
I have even been told candidly about a school headmaster who told girls to lower their underwear before the cane. Scandalous to our sensibilities now, but as the lady said "In those days you just did what you were told". Possibly some sexual context existed but it might just have been another little Hitler of the time proving the adage "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

JennyBr

Postby JennyBr » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 am

Guest wrote:In those days you must remember that females were universally known as the 'weaker sex' . It was often said that it was dangerous to cane girls and one assumed that the danger was either physical or perhaps psychological due to this weakness. However, although unlike most boys some girls were exempt corporal punishment, many were not. As mixed schools invariably had a male head (females were not generally in positions of authority in society), the protagonists of punishment were 90% male, meaning that at least 95% of mixed gender punishments would be man/girl. Fantasists please note that 95% of punishments were also private. Raised skirts for girls must have been common in these conditions but of course we don't hear quite so much about these punishments from the more secretive gender.
I have even been told candidly about a school headmaster who told girls to lower their underwear before the cane. Scandalous to our sensibilities now, but as the lady said "In those days you just did what you were told". Possibly some sexual context existed but it might just have been another little Hitler of the time proving the adage "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Although I've often heard various people claim it was dangerous to cane girls, not one of those people has ever explained why they believed that. When pressed, the best answer any have come up with is "it just is!" If it were true, we would have a lot of examples of girls being seriously injured at those schools, like mine, where girls were caned. As for females being "the weaker sex", such generalizations are very unhelpful. For a start, consider which sex has a body designed to cope with the stresses of childbirth. Secondly, are we really to believe that a female weightlifter capable of lifting 150kg (330 pounds) is weaker than a male who isn't?

At my school girls were slippered or caned (by both men and women) through their skirts but I've heard from girls at other schools that they had to lift their skirts to be slippered or caned. I can see practical reasons for this but, to be fair, at those schools boys ought to have been required to lower their trousers for it too. The only time I had my skirt lifted to be punished at school was at primary school, when I got four with the slipper
from the Headmaster.

I have no real objection to corporal punishment being used in schools provided it's used fairly - that is on misbehaving children of both sexes. Where one sex is exempt, the teachers are admitting they don't consider it necessary or reasonable so, in such schools, it can only be abuse.

Jenny.

jackinthebox
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby jackinthebox » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 am

The OP wrote: "As you probably know, most 17 year old boys think with their penis first so it didn't take long before I managed to insult the female teacher"

This exposes the OP as a woman, since no male would ever write such drivel.

JennyBr wrote:As for females being "the weaker sex", such generalizations are very unhelpful.

Um... no, they're probably based on real world observations.

JennyBr wrote:For a start, consider which sex has a body designed to cope with the stresses of childbirth.

A once or twice in a lifetime activity, which indeed, some women don't survive. Except western women who enjoy their anasthetic while the doctor reaches for the Stanley knife.

JennyBr wrote:Secondly, are we really to believe that a female weightlifter capable of lifting 150kg (330 pounds) is weaker than a male who isn't?

Well, it's as I alluded to above, this needs to be placed in a statistical context, so on broad balance across the population, men are stronger than women.

JennyBr wrote:The only time I had my skirt lifted to be punished at school was at primary school, when I got four with the slipper from the Headmaster.

Of course, this wouldn't happen today, for two reasons: Pupils pay better attention in class and don't use exceptions to prove rules and, also, they don't make slippers like they used to.

JennyBr wrote:I have no real objection to corporal punishment being used in schools provided it's used fairly - that is on misbehaving children of both sexes. Where one sex is exempt, the teachers are admitting they don't consider it necessary or reasonable so, in such schools, it can only be abuse.

Well, no, not abuse. A double-standard definately.

JennyBr

Postby JennyBr » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 am

jackinthebox wrote:The OP wrote: "As you probably know, most 17 year old boys think with their penis first so it didn't take long before I managed to insult the female teacher"

This exposes the OP as a woman, since no male would ever write such drivel.

JennyBr wrote:As for females being "the weaker sex", such generalizations are very unhelpful.

Um... no, they're probably based on real world observations.

Be that as it may, they're still unhelpful - especially where the generalization contradicts the facts in a specific case.

jackinthebox wrote:
JennyBr wrote:For a start, consider which sex has a body designed to cope with the stresses of childbirth.

A once or twice in a lifetime activity, which indeed, some women don't survive. Except western women who enjoy their anasthetic while the doctor reaches for the Stanley knife.

The fact that some women don't survive it just goes to show how physically demanding it is.

jackinthebox wrote:
JennyBr wrote:Secondly, are we really to believe that a female weightlifter capable of lifting 150kg (330 pounds) is weaker than a male who isn't?

Well, it's as I alluded to above, this needs to be placed in a statistical context, so on broad balance across the population, men are stronger than women.

But in a specific case it might not be true. Should we excuse the few people who commit murder on the grounds that, statistically, most people don't?

jackinthebox wrote:
JennyBr wrote:The only time I had my skirt lifted to be punished at school was at primary school, when I got four with the slipper from the Headmaster.

Of course, this wouldn't happen today, for two reasons: Pupils pay better attention in class and don't use exceptions to prove rules and, also, they don't make slippers like they used to.

I don't understand what you're trying to say there.

jackinthebox wrote:
JennyBr wrote:I have no real objection to corporal punishment being used in schools provided it's used fairly - that is on misbehaving children of both sexes. Where one sex is exempt, the teachers are admitting they don't consider it necessary or reasonable so, in such schools, it can only be abuse.

Well, no, not abuse. A double-standard definately.

No, abuse as well as a double standard. Use of CP where the user doesn't honestly believe it's necessary (as evidenced by the fact that they wouldn't cane a strong girl but would cane a weaker boy) is an abuse by definition.

Jenny

jamessmith
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby jamessmith » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Hello, this was the right thing that you have done. I don’t think that you were wrong.
All the best!

Victim

Postby Victim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:48 pm

I was caned virtually every week, whilst at school from the age of 13 until I was 17. My housemaster, a right b***** called Kirkwood, for some reason best known to the sadistic sod needed to beat my arse. After receiving six of the best I used to meet my friend Warren show him my stripes and we'd have a mutual wank - to make me feel better! Since then sex and caning has been part of my life! That vicious idiot, Kirkwood, did irreparable harm to m nd I hope he's rotting in Hell today! I still hate him 50 years later.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”