Dying dark brown hair to blonde

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

[email protected]

dying dark brown hair blonde

Postby [email protected] » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:47 am

does any one know of a certain kind of hair dye that will actually turn your hair blonde from dark brown instead of orange?if so please let me know! thanks!

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:52 am

Well red is the hardest color pigment to take out of hair so I dont reccomend going red then blonde. As for the other girl who is a blonde dyed it darker and wants to go brown if your hair is coarse, dry, or shows faded or un even color i'd avise professional color by a colorist but make sure they use a FILLER, before applying the desired color this will help acheive the color you want and make it last.

...:Emma:...

Postby ...:Emma:... » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Yeah you should dye it another color first else it won't go Blonde

can i dye my hair again

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:31 am

i dyed my hair black can i dye my hair blonde or should i wait

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:24 pm

I have naturally dark brown black hair.
I like bleached it and it went orange so I tried to die it blonde again and it just stayed the same.
So THEN i dyed it black and then a while later I died it brown and then brown again.
This was a couple of months ago and now I got black hair and huge brown roots.
But I want blonde hair again please please please help and advise me I always wanted blonde hair. I cant afford to go hairdresser.

MlleFashionista

Re: RED going BLONDE

Postby MlleFashionista » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:26 pm

First of all, People say red is the hardest to get out of hair. I have had my hair blonde many many times. My hair basically goes WHITE when I bleach it.
I use L'oreal MAXI BLONDE super. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to go blonde. Blondissima makes your hair orange.[/b]

katy

helppp

Postby katy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:10 am

[color=blue]heyy pple..plz help!! av been brown all ma life..n now its a v dark brown n am watin 2 go quite blonde on th top layers n leave ma underneath brown! will this wreck ma hair? as its allready quite thin..but then agen if i dnt lyk it al probs go bk 2 brown..is this a bad idea? Plz plz help :( xxxx Katy[/color]

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:00 pm

:( ive dyed my hair about 15 times, all different colours, nows its black with red in it, im after going back to my natural colour (light brown), and stripping the colour out isnt an option, can anyone advise me of what to do?
thanks
email me @ [email protected]

shytilwet

Bleached? I'll give you bleached!

Postby shytilwet » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:06 pm

Hair originally golden blonde, darkened to brown as I got older.

I bleached the whole lot with blue powder bleach and 20% hydrogen peroxide, starting at the underneath hair at the back.
Result: Lighter brownish.

Conditioned like mad, especially with warm olive oil and mayo and egg yolks. (Can find recipies _.)

A week later I bleached it all out again. Started with back hair underneath again, then did the roots, then after half an hour did the rest. Left it on about an hour.
Result: Okay but bit too much gold. I must have a lot of red\gold\yellow in my hair.

This is where the hair-dressers will have a fit. I kept up with the deep conditioning as well as using a conditioner on the ends 3 times a day. I let my hair dry in the sun. AND I went to the beach and put sea water on my hair. I didn't soak it; just a splash here and there. The idea of this was to make my hair look more natural which, with the drying in the sun too, it did.

Dilemma comes about now. I don't like this lemony-yellow colour I have and I don't know whether to bleach it again or to add a toner this time. By toner, I mean a permanent or semi-perm colour.

Any ideas, gf's?

I wish I could get hold of some Magic Silver White but it seems to have been discontinued here. :(

shekinky

Postby shekinky » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:19 pm

ok well i have a similar problem. i have naturally dark blonde hair but it is now black. i want to dye it bright pink! obviously i will have to pre-lighten. ive got a suspician it wil turn a ginger-ish colour but will this be ok for putting pink over it? also, im considering dye stripping but i have no idea what it is? can anyone tell me? thanks

Re: dying dark brown hair blonde

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:17 am

[email protected] wrote:does any one know of a certain kind of hair dye that will actually turn your hair blonde from dark brown instead of orange?if so please let me know! thanks!
vfv sj bfs,s

no one

dying over alredy dyed black hair

Postby no one » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:36 am

does any one think that buying a light brown hair color will turn my dyed black hair to dark brown? wil that work or no. how bout if i buy a blonde box instead. not bleaching but haircolor. cuz bleaching is horrible for ure hair.

colleen

hair grey/dk brown :desire silver grey-all

Postby colleen » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:12 am

Can anyone help ? I tried to dye my hair that silvery bloinde greyish color. I tried to bleach it first then applied blonde color but it is orangey I then tried a medium blonde so a bit darker, but still orangey It's in very bad shape I've been putting conditioner on it to try to help the situation. I'd be happy to have silver hair all over.
Thanks colleen

Shelley-1986

Postby Shelley-1986 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:34 am

You have lost me

djandy1990

Postby djandy1990 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:00 pm

Well to get black out your going to need a colour stripper from a shop, (i reccomend sallys - you should have 1 near u) www.sallybeauty.com. Apply this and it should fade the black out, you can then go ahead and bleach / dye ur faviourite colour

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”