Recently married and difficulties

Keep the sparkle in your relationship, chat to other members
AdawayBeth
Beginner! Talk to me!

Recently married and difficulties

Postby AdawayBeth » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:51 am

I've been with my husband 4 years, married 9 months. I'm 19 and he's 24 and our relationship hasn't had the easiest of starts. He was my parents lodger when I met him, I was only 15 and he was 20, we got together within a couple of weeks with my parents blessing, but then within a year he fell out with my parents over money issues and because of this we seperated. We got back together within a few weeks but decided to keep the relationship secret from my parents, as we knew they wouldn't agree with it, this went on for about 6 months before they found out. I then moved in with him and his parents and for the next 2 years I was moving between my parents and his. Then last year, when I was 17, we moved into our own flat, he then had an argument with my parents and they decided then no longer wanted anything to do with me and I haven't heard form them since. We then lost the flat and have lived with his parents ever since. We are now arguing as I believe as a married couple we should get our own place but he thinks we can't afford it, but we can as we both work full time jobs. I would also like a place as I would like to start a family in the next year or so.
My question is; is it unrealistic for me to want our own place and to start a family with the man I love or is he wrong for wanting to stay at home where his mum does everything for him?

LightRibena
Saintly

Re: Recently married and difficulties

Postby LightRibena » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:21 am

AdawayBeth wrote: My question is; is it unrealistic for me to want our own place and to start a family with the man I love or is he wrong for wanting to stay at home where his mum does everything for him?

If he's old enough to get married, he's old enough to leave home for good. It's a great feeling to have a space that you can really call 'yours'.
I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk.

Mac
FF Royalty

Postby Mac » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 am

LightRibena wrote:
AdawayBeth wrote: My question is; is it unrealistic for me to want our own place and to start a family with the man I love or is he wrong for wanting to stay at home where his mum does everything for him?

If he's old enough to get married, he's old enough to leave home for good. It's a great feeling to have a space that you can really call 'yours'.

Find your own place ASAP.
:D :girl: :angel: :D

2wii
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby 2wii » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 am

Every couple is the same, always fighting when new. Overtime and as you grow older, either him or you will learn to just let things flow "just go with the flow".

Return to “Relationship”