Marvelon???

Health: Get slim, Feel fit, stay Healthy
Act now regain your life.

Moderator: Silent One

Mr Snodgrass

Re: Marvelon???

Postby Mr Snodgrass » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:57 pm

:shh: My girlfriend (26yrs) is on this and im crying myself to sleep everynight (30yr old) :shock: :( :shock: need i say more....

Squeaky

Postby Squeaky » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 am

i'm 16 and i just started Marvelon21 2 weeks ago. i've been on yasmin in the past and had slight spotting but couldnt continue on it because i couldnt get back in to get more of it after the initial 3 months. i've been on Marvelon 21 for 2 weeks and i haven't stopped bleeding yet aswell i've had some really bad cramps. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or any suggestions of what i should do?

alsieb

Postby alsieb » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 am

Squeaky, I had this too, it will stop eventually, until then I suggest baths, hot water bottles and asprin :(

Last time I posted I was quiet peed off, on implanon and marvelon, no libido and horrendous mood swings. I finished my course of Marvelon a couple of months ago and I can tell you now, everyone can tell the difference!! My sexual appetite is back and better than ever, my periods have gotten themselves back into a fairly normal routine, I'm not getting annoyed because a drop of water got on the table... Coming off Marvelon was the best decision I've ever made!

alie 86

Postby alie 86 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:14 pm

The first pill I was advised to take by my dr was mc30, but after about 8 months I had to come off because my mood swings were uncontrollable, I was getting really depressed and had no libido at all which just made my feeling down and mood swings completely worse.
I then switched to yasmin, which was okay to start with, but i had to come of of it because of persistant break through bleeding. Sex was also really painful and I was getting the symptoms of thrush a lot. I never even thought that these last to issues could have been related to the pill until i read these posts! the doctors never said anything, just kept sending me for swabs etc
I have now been off of the pill for 6 months and I think its done me the world of good. I lost some weight, finally got a sex drive back that I didnt know I was missing (my poor boyfriend) and my periods got regular and i havnt had any symptoms of infections.
Unfortunatly ive decided to go back on to the pill as a form of birth control and have been given Marvelon by my dr, I was just doing some research into it before i start taking it and thats when i found this post.
Its made me really worried now, Im not worried about bad skin or putting on a little weight or even nausia and headaches, but i just dont want to lose my personality to mood swings and a supressed libido again.
can anyone give me any advice? Id be really really greatful
Thanks alie

alie 86

Postby alie 86 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 pm

The first pill I was advised to take by my dr was mc30, but after about 8 months I had to come off because my mood swings were uncontrollable, I was getting really depressed and had no libido at all which just made my feeling down and mood swings completely worse.
I then switched to yasmin, which was okay to start with, but i had to come of of it because of persistant break through bleeding. Sex was also really painful and I was getting the symptoms of thrush a lot. I never even thought that these last to issues could have been related to the pill until i read these posts! the doctors never said anything, just kept sending me for swabs etc
I have now been off of the pill for 6 months and I think its done me the world of good. I lost some weight, finally got a sex drive back that I didnt know I was missing (my poor boyfriend) and my periods got regular and i havnt had any symptoms of infections.
Unfortunatly ive decided to go back on to the pill as a form of birth control and have been given Marvelon by my dr, I was just doing some research into it before i start taking it and thats when i found this post.
Its made me really worried now, Im not worried about bad skin or putting on a little weight or even nausia and headaches, but i just dont want to lose my personality to mood swings and a supressed libido again.
can anyone give me any advice? Id be really really greatful
Thanks alie

misskim

Postby misskim » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I've been taking bcp for 8 years and have tried loads of different ones all with different outcomes- depressions, acne, etc. Been taking Marvelon for over a year now and to begin with I thought I had finally found the perfect one but have now accepted the fact that there IS NO SUCH THING. My libido is non existent combined with vaginal dryness and when I do have sex I don't feel very sensitive :-( not doing my relationship any favours at all.
I've been doing a lot of research and have decided to have copper coil fitted as its non-hormonal. There are a lot of horror stories but the people who have no problems with seem to LOVE it. I just want to be my natural self again. It cant be good taking synthetic hormones every day- nobody can really tell how much damage they are doing.

I didn't have any other symptoms with Marvelon and my skin has been perfect whilst on it (I always used to get blemishes) but I'm not sure if that' also because I'm older now (24).

Been off the pill for 10 days now, gonna give it a month then get coil.

Will keep you posted on improvements.

Vicki_Liz

Postby Vicki_Liz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 am

Oh my goodness! Thank god I found this forum, I thought I was going mad! I've been on marvelon since I was 16 to help regulate and control the heaviness of my periods, had a break last year and the doctor put me back on it 2 months ago. A month into it I was getting constant headaches, the last few weeks, I've become bloated, am experiencing severe mood swings, from being happy one minute to cryin the next, to overreacting over the most insignificant thing and feeling really down in the dumps. Am also really irritable. My once high sex drive has gone to pretty much nothing, which at 25 is shocking! And due to these factors my relationship is at risk as I'm a complete nightmare.
Had a random thought to google marvelon and see what came back as have also been advised to take a pregnany test (I know I'm not, but you still question it!) am so glad I found the forum and this page, at least now I can deal with the issue and save my relationship.
Think I'll come off bcp altogether and just stick with condoms. Your body knows what's going on, control It with diet and exercise.

Thanks girls for helping me realise it's not me, it's the pill xx

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm so relieved to find this forum! I thought i was losing the plot!

I've been on Marvelon since i was 17 to help control my heavy and irregular periods. I thought that i had had no reactions to being on it at all. I had a break from it for a year starting in Jan 09, and due to heavy and painful periods, was advised to go back on to marvelon. Since being back on it from February, i have experienced severe mood swings, feeling depressed, irrational and volitile behavour. Ive also experienced bloated, gassy and cramps (in between periods), feeling tired, constant headaches and my breasts feel like a couple of melons on my chest. Due to those symptoms i was advised to take a pregnancy test...obviously negative. Looking back, i suffered with these symptoms from being young.
After an argument and some home truths from my family and my boyfriend i decided to google Marvelon, and came across a few forums this being one of them, and pretty much every woman on all the sites have said the same thing and have experienced the same symptoms as what i have. The decision...come off the pill altogether and control the pain with diet and exercise...afterall its only a couple of days a month, id rather the pain then losing my sanity and all those dear to me.

It makes you ask the question of why aren't we informed of the issues of BCP, and given other options of birth control or alternatives to skin problems and menstrual problems, such as diet and exercise, good skin care and good nutritional information?

Thank god i found this forum, at least i know now that i'm 'normal'

x

jc22

Postby jc22 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:45 pm

hi,
i just wanted to ask if it is safe to have sex when you are taking the placebo tablet of Marvelon(and got the period)?
thanks

Karrot

Postby Karrot » Wed May 05, 2010 11:29 am

I have only been on Marvelon for 1 month and have suffered severe migraines with visual disturbances!! Ive stopped now but have had 2 since I stopped... How long until its out of my system!?!? Anyone else had this problem?

TWS

Postby TWS » Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am

Marvelon is HELL !!!!!

I went on Dianette originally for acne, this helped but didnt want to stay on it, so was put on Marvelon. It made me moody, put on so much weight, was bloated, had increased cellulite. I didnt realise it until my husband said I was so moody irritable and generally not myself.

I was getting depressed at how much weight i was gaining, and how much my appetite had increased without even noticing it ! I was eating the same sized dinners as my husband and was always hungary. I put on nearly 1 stone in 3 months Im normally a healthy athletic 9st and I went up to 10 stone which has never happened before, and it went straight to my bottom, on a 5ft4 female thats quite alot of weight ! I was exercising like a mad women doing spinning 3-4 times a week but nothing shifts it !

Eventually i went onto yasmin and now iam losing the weight i have lost over 1/2 stone in 2 months, I would never recommend Marvelon it is defo the devils work ..... hopefully Yasmin will be the way forward yay to losing momre weight ! the only thing is my appetite ha gone completely oh well i can live with that until i reach 9 st !!

Good luck peeps xxx

misskim

Postby misskim » Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 am

Hello again,

I posted about 4 months ago after just stopping marvelon to get the coil. It took me this long to finally pluck up the courage to get the copper coil and you know what- it was NO WAY NEAR as bad as I expected. The pain just felt a really bad cramp which lasted for a couple of seconds.

Also having a few months break from the pill totally confirmed what I thought, my sex drive has gone back to normally and I feel generally better. It took a month or so to go back to normal and my skin messed up a bit, but all id fine now. After I stopped the pill I had all the symptoms of pregnancy and I was freaking out and did a couple of tests even though I don't think I even had sex during that time. I mentioned this to my doctor and HE said there is no evidence of anything like this happening after coming off the pill as all the hormones leave your body after 24hours- this is clearly a load of rubbish as after 8 or so years of your own hormones being suppressed and messed around- it's obviously going to take a little time to go back to normal- a few minutes browsing on these forums is enough evidence anyway- hundreds of women are having the same experiences.

Anyway back to the copper coil- I had it because it's the only long term option with no hormones- had it in for a week now, no pain, period has lasted a bit longer but nothing to complain about- and if all goes well it's in for 10 years!!

Characy

Postby Characy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I'M AM SSSOOOO GLAD I FOUND THIS INFO!!!

I've been on marvelon for just over a year now and i have lost total confidence in myself. My appetite is crazy! I eat just as much as my boyfriend, if not more. Our relationship has been quite tense alot of times due to my weird behaviour, i'd be laughing one moment and crying the next for no reason at all! This makes me so frustrated, ITS SO EMBARRASSING! Weight loss is impossible for me. I have not had problems with bleeding or headaches. All this time i was thinking it was just me. I seriously don't understand why doctors didn't warn me about anything before i started the pill.
I can totally relate with most of you...THANX to all you guys!

I'M DONE WITH MARVELON! I WANT MY REAL LIFE BACK!!

bc

Postby bc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am

so far ive been on the pill for at least 2-3 weeks, i am 16 years old and ive been getting alot of spotting, my knee's are sore all the time. but i am in a better mood

edinburgh24

Postby edinburgh24 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I have just started on Marvelon, its now my 3rd pill. Since I started 3 weeks ago I have been experiencing a prolongued period. The normal period ended two weeks ago, but since then I've been experiencing a thicker, darker discharge which is annoying and doesn't seem to want to go away, I'm starting to feel very self-concious as I dont want it to affect my sex life. PLEASE if anyone has had a similar experience let me know!! How long will it last? Any advice on marvelon generally??

Return to “Health”