cheatshot wrote: The Colonel wrote: cheatshot wrote:
malahidemummy wrote:How may children do you have cheatshot?
My lady and I currently have no children, however I am presently developing my basement to add two new bedrooms and a bathroom, and the current plan is to fill the house with three children. Rest assured, we have discussed exactly how our children will be raised
. They will grow up to be responsible, mature, intelligent, and sensible adults.
Do tell. I'm interested.
(Father of 6 by the way)
- No internet in the house - ever (they can internet as per school course requirement - at school)
- No television in their bedrooms - ever (bedrooms are for sleep and study. TV is family time in the living room only)
- No cell phones - ever (kids become brainless and immature, texting, sexting - no cell phones period)
- No videogame systems - ever (further degresses kids' brains)
- Enforced curfews
- Straight, honest talk, promote honesty in its purest form
- Homework always comes first before anything else
- From early age, they will be avid readers - starting with one full novel per month, going up from there
sporting league of their choice (more than that interfers with other important development activities)
- Piano, violin, clarinet, other instruments - lessons and theory (again, one instrument of their choice - no drums)
- Help them to recognize immaturity vs. acceptable behavior by youths
- Teach them early on about the importance of money - management, saving, dirty retail tricks
--> Interest rates, credit cards, the importance of paying the full amount on time vs. the minimum - everything
- Several family vacations during their upbringing - but not what simple-minded families do - just going to a beach and mindlessly laying on the sand for example. Vacations will be to several countries with the interest of learning their cultures, their way of life, their history, everything. Everyday will be one tour and attraction after another.
- Punishment for wrongful action will never be physical - save that for the cavemen of society
---> Consequences will be a main part of discipline - in the form of privileges removed, etc
There so much more to list but you get the idea. The overall goal is to have them, once adults, to be better people than what you see in today's ridiculous society. They will be well-rounded, highly educated and intelligent adults.