Oh, please, for god's sake, don't accuse Pitt and Jolie of hacking into this site. I'm sorry, but that is just crazy talk.
The ones who benefit with this issue of redirecting or making it difficult to find this site ares Jolie and Pitts. There are too many negative things said about them here and they could easily hire someone to do the job. They must be concerned with their kids growing and being on their computers. I think they hired someone to hack FF to make it just a wee bit difficult to get here. I’m surprised they picked a pharmacy rather than go directly to JJ and the fawning loons.
You know, I've been trying to be really cool about this, but it's hard to keep saying the same thing only to have it ignored. So here, please, please read this summary:
1) The mods disabled the search function. And no, they did not do it out of concern for their posters; they may not even have meant to do it. It may very well have been an unanticipated consequence of them nearly completely shutting this board down last Thursday night. They were LITERALLY deleting threads as posters were still posting on it. It was CRAZY. They deleted dozens of threads, and deleted half the posts from the threads they left up. None of these threads or posts were restored. The mods were literally on a a "search and destroy
" mission. They swept the board of dozens of IP numbers and dozens of what looked to be innocuous threads and posts. There was not a single loon on this board on Friday. LoLLoonifer got back for a couple posts on Saturday and Sunday, because she probably went out and bought a new PC just so her IP number wasn't tainted. She disappeared nearly as soon as her posts were reported on Saturday and Sunday, though.
2) At the same time the mods were killing threads, posts, and IP numbers, the board started going wacky with the avatars not showing up and google searches not letting posters into the site. It seems that this was a side effect of the mods monster housecleaning efforts.
3) You may or may not have been here when some loons thought it would be interesting to start horrible threads about doing great harm to Jen's new fiancee. Disgusting shitt, I know, but we're all so used to the loons' ugly and mad hate-filled threads that probably most of us didnt' even give it a second thought. I mean, anyone who's been here for any amount of time knows the mods don't give a shitt about the loons and trolls threatening celebs and posters they don't like. We've lost a lot of potential posters precisely because the mods just don't give a shitt, hey?
4) My guess (H/T to Z who first noticed it) is that someone -- perhaps the guy who just got engaged to the celeb that loons stalk and obsess over? -- didn't like the unlawful threats and libel he was reading here. I know I didn't much care for it when a troll told me she was going to kill me and my family, but I can assure you that the mods were completely less than interested in these comments. But, say, this guy (unlike me) comes from a family of attorneys, a family of some renown? And say both FF and phpbb administrators were told that by family attorneys that this activity is illegal and must cease? Don't you think that might spur some massive housecleaning? I do. And, for whatever reason, massive housecleaning DID occur here late Thursday night, US time -- a day or two after the hideous threads in question were posted.
5) People start complaining about not being able to get here from google over the weekend. Did the board disallow it? Did things just go crazy because of all the shitt being wiped out late last week? I don't know. What I do know is that Jolie did not hack the computer and shut down access to this site, and -- with due respect -- it sounds a little crazy when people keep saying so.
PS If you doubt me, just take a look at how quickly wild loon allegations against a certain guy are hunted down, and deleted. I can tell you because I just saw it happen: within a minute or two. And then the stupid fcck loon sits there like an idiot trying to post over and over until --duh -- it realizes its IP number has been banned. Bam! Just that quickly. it's hard not to go on these threads and taunt the idiot loons who are still trying post. But I'm trying to be a better person than that. So I don't. But I really want to.