Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Stretch Marks!!

Postby rosebuddy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 am

BioOpulence... sounds promising ...

monica97
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby monica97 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello my name is Monica, i am from South America and i have stretch marks (SM's) from pregnancy. my SM's are 10 months old and are in my breast, abdomen, flanks, lower back, thighs and inside my thighs. As you can see I am full of SM's, they are all over my body and are big, wide, deep and depressing.
I have never been as sad as i am now, the reason, this stupid SM's.
I have tried some things to get rid of my SM's:
1. almond oil for 2 months, it didn’t do anything at all.
2. danaefabienne cream for two months, it didn’t do anything at all.
3. When my sm's were 5 months old and red i had my first treatment: 3 microdermabrasion, 3 mesotheraphy, 3 peeling and 3 laser sessions (erbium yag, smooth mode). The result: my SM's went from red to silver-white. no result in dept or size.
4. I`ve just had an active fx laser session and from now I can see that i will be more than disappointed with the results. Why? this laser gave me scars that are bigger than my stretch marks. Now I am covered on scars. I’ll see my doctor in three days to talk about this but i feel hopeless. I can see the scars all over my body and I feel sad.
So now I would like to try other things:
1. Oral Vitamins such as A, E, C, K, Zink, MSM
2. Jean Wu method
3. Shea Butter + Olive oil + vitamin e + vitamin a
I’d like to try with dermaroller and topic vitamin c but I am afraid of damaging more my skin and as well because I don’t know how to do it and because it sounds painful.

Thank for reading this post.

Monica

lostnfound
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lostnfound » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi all.

I suffer from SMs too. I've been trying to read through this thread but its massive.
For those of you who have read most of it, would anybody be so kind as to summarize what works and what doesn't?
I was hoping Fraxel would be the answer but my SMs are quite old (between 4-10 years old) so it sounds like it won't help much. I don't have the money to do this but I was going to take out a loan to do it (I'm prepared to do this to get rid of the SMs) but it sounds like I should keep my money and concerntrate on TCA peels?
Thanks in advance, and in the mean time I will keep reading through the pages.

God bless you.

sara0131
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby sara0131 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Iwantsurgeryonmysm wrote:
@Sara0131
What i’ve been told is that tummy tucks are fine if you don’t plan on having children within the next 5 years and if you realize that pregnancy could undo the work. Personally I’m fine with that and if I get stretchmarks from pregnancy at least I'll also get a baby.

Sara if you don't feel comfortable being intimate with someone, then do it. You'll have five years to meet someone you want to have a family with + time for fun. Nothing else will get rid of stretchmarks but surgery, it's a horrible truth.

Sorry it's been so long, things have been crazy in my life...

Thanks Iwant, I really want this surgery. Even if I do get pregnant within 5 years, like you said, I will probably be married or at least in a very stable relationship and will have a baby as a result. Plus i'd buy 10+ bottles of lotion :D At this point, I can't even think about seeing anyone because I don't want them to know what I look like. I'm not skinny, but I think I will at least be 85% confident without stretchmarks weighing me down. I don't even care if i'm 40 pounds overweight because I think I look okay at this weight.

Iwant, where is your location and how much id they say surgery would cost for you? And you're on a waiting list? Gosh, I wanted to get this done before Christmas, now i'm thinking that won't be possible :(

ariel22
Wall Flower

Postby ariel22 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 am

hey lostnfound,

i would say save your money, dont get the fraxel and just do the tca. i know someone here had a bad experience but i think it was a case of going overboard too soon. start slow and work your way up and your skin should respond well. i hit a brick wall a bit ago but i got passed it this last peel, its not perfect but it is so much better and i am not as self-conscious
about them. i wish i had the money i wasted on fraxel. hope that helps and i wanted to put up before and afters but dont know how. i would be happy to email you pics though if u want. be well :)

lostnfound
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lostnfound » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:08 pm

ariel22 wrote:hey lostnfound,

i would say save your money, dont get the fraxel and just do the tca. i know someone here had a bad experience but i think it was a case of going overboard too soon. start slow and work your way up and your skin should respond well. i hit a brick wall a bit ago but i got passed it this last peel, its not perfect but it is so much better and i am not as self-conscious
about them. i wish i had the money i wasted on fraxel. hope that helps and i wanted to put up before and afters but dont know how. i would be happy to email you pics though if u want. be well :)

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it. Is there anywhere I can find a step by step guide on how to do the peel, and also a place I can buy a kit or all of the equipment that I need? I live in Australia if it matters.
Also is dermarolling worth a go or is it just a myth? Or a combo of both tca peels and dermarolling?

Thanks again!
lostnfound

ariel22
Wall Flower

Postby ariel22 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:48 pm

I get the 40% from beauty scientific, some people don't like that you don't feel anything at first with it, but it has given me great peels that i feel i can control for how deep it is by leaving it on for longer or shorter.
just say google how to apply the peel. theres tons of info and i would just to make sure the area you do is cleaned with alcohol and use a medium or small sized blush brush to apply the peel so that it's easier. as you get used to it, applying gets easier and doesnt take as long.

I have done rolling and it didnt work. i havent tried both dermarolling and the peel but someone here did that and says she had really bad discoloration and was disappointed with the results, so i would just be patient and do the peel alone. They may look worse before they look better because they are more exposed at first with a layer of skin gone, but stick with it. I started before the summer so its been a while since ive started and like i said, not perfect but so much better. The marks themselves are a lot less deep even the really deep ones have responded and they are overall less noticeable especially in natural light which is the most harsh on stretch marks.

lostnfound
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lostnfound » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 am

So different brands of TCA perform differently?
Also do you do all of your SMs at once, or do you target different areas and do them week-by-week to stagger the healing process?

Thanks for your input!

lostnfound
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby lostnfound » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 pm

also ariel22, would love to see your before and after pics.
Can you please send them to lostnfound_1980 AT yahoo DOT com DOT au

Thanks.

ariel22
Wall Flower

Postby ariel22 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:06 am

Hey I just sent you the pics...I only did one area at a time. I started with my calves but I still want to move on to really focus on my thighs. Ive so far only done one peel in that area. I read that doing too large an area at once isnt good so im going to continue taking it slow.

Iwantsurgeryonmysm
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Iwantsurgeryonmysm » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:23 am

@Sara I'm in Australia, each procedure is about 5-6 grand. I have no idea what it would cost in the UK. Even if you did manage to get the surgery before Christmas, it would take 12 months for the scars to heal. Also your surgeon might not want to do all the procedures at once. It's not a quick fix but I think what's a few months compared to having them for the rest of my life?

You should probably make an appointment with a plastic surgeon if you are serious about it and see what they can offer, don't wait another month if you want it sooner than later. I've had cosmetic surgery before and I had to wait 6 months just for a consultation then another 3 months for the surgery + 6 months for it to heal. Unfortunately It's not a quick process. :cry:
Tested:Laser,Chemobrasion,Microdermabrasion,Glycolic peel,Cit roller.
Failed Bronzers/Sunless tanners:
Olay-Touch of Sun
Loreal-Sublime Bronze Airbrush effect
Palmer Cocoa Butter Bronze
Sally Hansen-Airbrush sun
Avon
WORKS:Sally Hansen's Airbrush legs

rosebuddy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby rosebuddy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey everyone, The Bio Opulence seems to be working, I cant afford to try it at the moment, but im saving up, is there anyone here thinking of trying it

Backham
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Backham » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Stretch Marks on the face is very big problem and many people are facing such problem. For avoiding such kind of problem you have to use anti-aging cream. It can help for avoiding such kind of problem and make your face better in look. Drinking water also help if this way.

FalconWife
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby FalconWife » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 am

I am twenty and a newlywed. In July I had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks, which isn't very far a long, I only just found out. But since then, I have gained a lot of weight (a pant size and a half up) and have terrible stretch marks on my thighs, hips, and butt. I am already depressed over losing a baby, and my stretch marks don't help my self esteem. I've been using vitamn E cream and just started using shea butter a few days ago, but they seem bright and red as ever, they aren't growing any dimmer. What can I do or use to minimize or get rid of them?? :(

PerfectSkin
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby PerfectSkin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:49 am

I'm really excited to try the TCA peels, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the side effects. Do you think this stuff could cause cancer down the road? Especially when applied to the abdomen?

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”