Stretch Marks!!

Female Fashion Articles and Chat

Moderator: Silent One

GwennyGirl
Beginner! Talk to me!

Re: Stretch Marks!!

Postby GwennyGirl » Thu May 10, 2012 4:57 pm

I have also a lot of stretch marks. I hate it! I just have a question about the harley medical group. They have a traitement for stretch marks. Does anyone had this traitement? I don't know what I have to believe anymore :( The drs just want money, but I just want a honest answer...
Did someone had the traitement of the harley medical group recently? Does it work???

AmandaRay
Wall Flower

Postby AmandaRay » Fri May 25, 2012 8:35 pm

I think people have just given up. I remember when this forum used to be active years ago. People constantly keep this thread updated on a regular basis. Now no one posts for weeks at a time. It's a shame that there is no cure for this mess. I have had stretch marks, very thick ones on my shoulders and down my arms since I was 10 years old. The only thing that got me by was the idea that by the time I got older there would be a cure. And there hasn't been one. They have all these procedures for nosejob, boob job, cellulite and everything else but have yet to do anything revolutionary to get rid of stretch marks. It has affected my dating life. I hardly date. I don't think any guy would be attracted to my body. I can't even wear lingerie, the most conservative type of lingerie because I have them all on my arms and shoulders. well enough venting

PerfectSkin
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby PerfectSkin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Amanda Ray,

I too have had stretch marks since I was young (11). It has really affected my self-esteem, and I think I would have been a completely different person without them. However, we only have one life to live, and it is such a shame that we don't live fully because of silly marks on our skin. I know how you feel, and I often feel the same way, but I have learned over the past 20 years that it matters MUCH more what is in your heart than what is on your skin. Be a good person, be CONFIDENT (even if you have to fake it), and you will do just fine dating. Men (and women for that matter) love confidence (but not over confidence). And you will find that special someone! After all, if they don't want to date you because you have stretch marks, is that really the kind of person you want to end up with? I don't think so!

Keep your head up!

PS

PerfectSkin
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby PerfectSkin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 am

seems to be some really good info here:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/stretch_marks.html

AmandaRay
Wall Flower

Postby AmandaRay » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm

thank u for the link Perfect Skin

my stretch marks are too deep for natural remedies to work. and I have darkskin (i'm african american). I notice stretch marks are less visible on lighter toned individuals

I recently learned of this company called Isolagen that are developing this treatment that will grow fiberblasts to cure stretch marks. They are based in Texas but are doing trials in London. has anyone heard anymore info about this? It sounds promising. They are going to cut out the skin and try to regenerate new healthy skin

also there was an article I read about a young girl who suffered from severe burns who got a skin transplant. its been weeks since she had it and doctors are assessing to see how well her skin responds to it. that sounds like it could be a promising cure for stretch marks.

i think in the next 25 years they will find a cure. unfortunately by then i'd probably be too old and wouldn't even care to get it. I would have loved it if there would have been a cure for it in my teens or now (i'm in my 20s)

rosebuddy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby rosebuddy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Hey To All ...

I am just back from New York. I went there for the Micro Skin Product and I can actually say that it works. This product has really and truly saved my Sanity. I would reccommend this to everyone out there. I am wearing a dress for the first time in about 5 years and i dont have words to describe it. I am Free...

jiji1980
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby jiji1980 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi there Rosie

Im new to this board, but suffer with the same "trauma", wretched stretchmarks. I looked up Microskin, and if its not a makeup, what is it exactly and u said ur free? WOW! plz tell me about it further...thnx!!

AmandaRay
Wall Flower

Postby AmandaRay » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm

I am curious to know more about MicroSkin. The site doesn't say if it works on stretch marks or not. I hope the poster isn't an advertiser for the company

Hoping
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby Hoping » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 pm

I have been following this forum for sometime as hoping someone will come up with something that does make a huge difference. Just wanted to contribute as well, so you guys do not waste your money and time on scam. I started doing fda approved laser treatments with harley medical group for two years on various parts of my body, arms chest, back , stomach. Wasted lots of money, time and results in visibility did not even change for 5%. Yes stretch marks are flatter but i think derma roller flattens them out and it is much cheaper treatment. Whenever you ask the nurses they all say they have seen amazing results on other patients, so once i dared to ask someone in waiting room and turns out she has been having results same as me. Flatter stretch marks, but still very visible ones.

The reason I also wrote this, if we unite and don't spend money and time on scam faster they might invent something better. Like they did for hair removal or varicose veins. Stay strong and don't make tragedy out of it. If any questions, I am happy to answer ))

rosebuddy
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby rosebuddy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm

I wrote the post re Microskin. I do not work for the company. I nearly took my own life due to my stretch marks. If your interested about the product do your own F****** research like I did

Signing Off For Good

AgainRK
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby AgainRK » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi,

I used to post on this board religiously under another username - I tried everything from ERP / Carboxy / Mesotherapy / Future Tec/ Copper Peptides / Home TCA peels / Glycolic & Vit C Creams - and, in fact, almost every other cream known to man/ Foot files & vitamin wraps/ dermarollers/ supplements etc etc .. Anyway, I did have a Fraxel consultation when the laser first came to the UK but back then you had to travel, it was a lot more expensive & I decided to wait (I was the one who went along to Dr Rakus who hadn't trialled it yet etc etc).

I had a consultation today for the Palomar Starlux 1540. I will say now that I am not expecting it to work & my appointment isn't for two weeks (juggling child commitments etc) but I'm definitely going ahead with a small area & will report on results. You are meant to have 1 treatment every 4 weeks (for 4 treatments) I'm choosing to do one arm (rather than both) & will honestly report back if there is any different. They are meant to be taking before & after pictures... but I am always very skeptical of these, because distance from marks & subtle lighting shifts can make a huge difference. I am not getting the treatment done on my thicker/wider marks but on the very shallow thin lines. You wouldn't know I had them until the light hit them kind of thing. I've spent so much money, I thought I might as well spend some more. You were right about people giving up by the way... I think the last time I tried to do something about them was around 3 years ago.

If the Palomar doesn't work, the only thing stronger left to try would be the CO2 fractional laser.. but again.. Wish me luck anyway - I do have one thing going for me, my skin responds really well to laser -like treatment IPL, so just maybe.. X

ariel1
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby ariel1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi all,

I got microskin like a year ago, i got two bottles of the liquid makeup. i think it's still good and i can put some of it in a small bottle and mail it to you if you're interested in seeing how it works. it didn't really work for me unfortunately (that's why i have two pretty full bottles left) but maybe it will for someone else and you can know that before you purchase.

i have light skin so keep that in mind if you want me to send it. also it would be a lot easier if you live in the states, but id be happy to try to make someone's life easier who lives outside the US too :)

if you're interested let me know here so i can create a new email address to post where you can send your address.

Best,

A

virginia
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby virginia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 am

@Ariel,

Hi!! Yes, I'd be interested in that sample of MicroSkin if you still have it available.

I'm on my 13th treatment of carboxyplasty - fair results, but will need 20 treatments total. I will
still ultimately require camouflage makeup though.

I await your response. My best to you and all the others on this site.

Return to “Fashion & Beauty”