What clothes are you wearing at work?

Talk about the latest trends, Your fashion disasters, other peoples fashion disasters
louise_heels
Master Wizard

Re: What clothes are you wearing at work?

Postby louise_heels » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:56 pm

LaBella wrote:I work in finance, so some sort of business dress is normally expected as well as pumps. We are not allowed to wear higher heels than 4" so that's what I wear almost everyday. Today I also got brave and decided to wear a corset underneath my clothes. I'm absolutely in love with corsets but I never wear one when I go to work except for today. Don't think anyone noticed, but I got a remark from one man on how slim I looked, even though I didn't lace my waist down more than 2 inches. He should have seen me when I lace myself down to a 19" waist when at home :D

Hi LaBella,

How did it go wearing your corset for work, have you done it again since? I'm sure you looked stunning too.

Louise x

LaBella
Wall Flower

Postby LaBella » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am

louise_heels wrote:
LaBella wrote:I work in finance, so some sort of business dress is normally expected as well as pumps. We are not allowed to wear higher heels than 4" so that's what I wear almost everyday. Today I also got brave and decided to wear a corset underneath my clothes. I'm absolutely in love with corsets but I never wear one when I go to work except for today. Don't think anyone noticed, but I got a remark from one man on how slim I looked, even though I didn't lace my waist down more than 2 inches. He should have seen me when I lace myself down to a 19" waist when at home :D

Hi LaBella,

How did it go wearing your corset for work, have you done it again since? I'm sure you looked stunning too.

Louise x

Haven't worn the corset to work again but will maybe try that again this week because I really liked it. I don't want it to be visible from the outside though, so I have to wear the right sort of clothes that day.

louise_heels
Master Wizard

Postby louise_heels » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Haven't worn the corset to work again but will maybe try that again this week because I really liked it. I don't want it to be visible from the outside though, so I have to wear the right sort of clothes that day.[/quote]

what did you wear with it last time hun? did you find it too restrictive for the office or was it ok?

Louise

nbear8
Magician

Postby nbear8 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:14 pm

wonder what type of corset was it one of the ones which cover your bum and shape it as well ?

LaBella
Wall Flower

Postby LaBella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

nbear8 wrote:wonder what type of corset was it one of the ones which cover your bum and shape it as well ?

No, it's an underbust model with steel boning that only cinches my waist. It has no closure between my legs and it would have been very impractical if it would have had that.

LaBella
Wall Flower

Postby LaBella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 pm

louise_heels wrote:Haven't worn the corset to work again but will maybe try that again this week because I really liked it. I don't want it to be visible from the outside though, so I have to wear the right sort of clothes that day.

what did you wear with it last time hun? did you find it too restrictive for the office or was it ok?

Louise[/quote]

I wore a business suit with blouse and jacket so the corset wasn't visible. I need to wear a jacket because otherwise it's easy to see the boning of the corset through the blouse and I also had to make a couple of new holes in my belt for my corsetted waist, so that would also be obvious without the jacket.

Of course it was a bit restrictive, it's a steel boned corset after all, but I didn't lace it even close to how tightly I would have if I had been home :)

nbear8
Magician

Postby nbear8 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

sounds lovely , if it makes you happy then you cannot beat it

louise_heels
Master Wizard

Postby louise_heels » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 pm

agreed! sounds like you got a great outfit together there and enjoyed wearing the corset too! I always think those underbust ones can look gorgeous, and they can give such a sexy pinched in waist.

Louise x

nbear8
Magician

Postby nbear8 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 pm

I think you are right Louise and I also like the all in one ones as they shape the bum as well and give a smooth look from the bust to thighs

heatheragain
Private Dancer (can now PM!)

Postby heatheragain » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 pm

grey shift dress , black bra , tan tights , black knee length boots x

heatheragain

Postby heatheragain » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

brown jumper , black trousers , black bra and knickers , black footsies , black heels x

heatheragain

Postby heatheragain » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Pink and black jumper , black skirt , black vest top , black bra , black tights , black boots x

heatheragain

Postby heatheragain » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:41 pm

grey shift dress , black cardigan , black bra and tights , black courts x

heatheragain

Postby heatheragain » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

same as last Wednesday , need to go shopping lol x

laurenj
Beginner! Talk to me!

Postby laurenj » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I work in an office setting so typically I like to wear black pants and boots with a flowy blouse. Most days I like to wear blouses, or a combination of a dressy t-shirt and a cardigan. I like to keep my clothing dressy enough that I can wear it in the office and outside of the office no matter what I have planned for my day. Instead of wearing heels, I have gotten into wearing lots of wedge shoes because they are fashionable right now and also more comfortable!

Return to “Fashion”