Author Richard Parker tells us a little bit about the author behind the books to mark the release of his new novel Keep Her Safe.
- When I start writing a story I only ever have a broad plan of the plot. I like to surprise myself as I’m writing and figure if I can do that the reader will have the same experience.
- I used to write comedy for TV and then became a producer. This reinforced how much I preferred writing!
- Having lived in London for 14 years I then moved to the pastoral surroundings of Wiltshire. Within the first month I saw a coke deal and a body was discovered in the river that runs behind my house.
- I’m not a fan of desserts or chocolate.
- Twitter is my favourite social media platform. I’m @Bookwalter. It’s great to get instantaneous feedback from people as they’re reading my work.
- I don’t have an agent. My last one put me off for life.
- I don’t give myself a word target…until a deadline looms. Some days I write little but other days I write enough to compensate.
- I love the friendly Bookouture community. I have great publicity backup and the authors all support each other. Writing can be very isolating so it’s great to be part of an author friendly publishing house.
- My guilty pleasures are gin martinis, red meat and red wine.
- My favourite pub is The Haunch Of Venison in Salisbury. It sells Hopback beer, is dripping with history and the front bar only seats two.
How far would you go to protect your child?
Maggie’s daughter Penny is her whole world… and she’d do anything to protect her. So when Maggie wakes one night to find a strange woman in her home, she runs to lock herself in her bedroom with her child. But Maggie knows why she’s come… Someone has been targeting mothers and offering them a choice: do as he says or their child disappears. This stranger in her home has until dawn to follow his orders… but Maggie too has the ‘choice’ to make. Can she put the pieces together to stop the cycle before her time is up?
An edge-of-your-seat thriller that will keep you guessing until the last page. Perfect for fans of Adam Croft and Tess Gerritsen.
Richard Parker was formerly a TV script writer, script editor and producer before turning his hand to penning twisted standalone thrillers.
KEEP HER SAFE is his latest book published by Bookouture on January 11th 2018. HIDE AND SEEK was his fifth book published in August 2017. FOLLOW YOU was his fourth psychological thriller. Reviewers are saying it's Bookouture's darkest crime novel to date. STALK ME was his third and rode high in the UK and US charts. SCARE ME was his second. Hollywood movie rights have been acquired by major US studio, Relativity Media. Star of PRISON BREAK and screenwriter of dark horror thriller STOKER, Wentworth Miller, has written the big screen adaptation. STOP ME, Richard's darkly fiendish debut, was shortlisted for the John Creasey (New Blood) Dagger Award.
Author Social Media Links: