2006 has been the year of the celebrity baby boom. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood and music have decided to take the plunge and take on the responsibility of having a baby as well as new roles and record new albums.Babies have become the new miniature dogs and designer baby carriers the new hand bags.Whether it be through adoption or the old fashioned way, the stars have decided this is the year to produce the celebrities of tomorrow.Of course some stars have already set the trend, procreating way before their peers decided to play catch up.But how closely have you followed the baby boom?Do you know your Violet from your Shiloh? Your Bluebell from your Suri?Take this quiz and find out whether you qualify to be a celebrity nanny or should go and clean up after Paris Hilton's pets.
1. Who are the proud parents of baby Kingston James McGregor?
a. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rosendale
b. Prince Charles and Camilla
c. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
d. Elton John and David Furnish
2. Which celebrity mum is launching a baby clothing line called Babies Are Rock and Roll?
a. J K Rowling
b. Helena Christensen
c. Britney Spears
d. Duchess Of York
3. Which Spice Girls are mothers?
a. Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell and Mel B
b. Victoria Beckham and Emma Bunton
c. All five Spice Girls
d. Mel C
4. How many children do Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon have?
5. Which US magazine secured a $4.1 million deal to publish the first pictures of Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt
b. The Washington Post
d. Automotive Monthly
6. What was Katie Holmes instructed not to do at the birth of her child with Tom Cruise.
a. Re-enact a scene from Top Gun
b. Make any noise
c. Have the father, Tom Cruise, in the delivery room
d. Have the Dawson's Creek soundtrack playing in the background
7. What type of fruit did Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin name their first born child after?
8. Who threw Geri Halliwell a baby shower?
a. Victoria Beckham
b. Robbie Williams
c. George Michael
d. George Bush Jnr
9. Why did David and Victoria Beckham name their son Brooklyn?
a. Because David thought Brooklyn meant 'miracle' in Hebrew
b. Because it was where he was conceived
c. Because it was where David proposed to Victoria
d. Because Victoria fell in love with the city after filming a Spice Girls' video there
10. Who became a Big Daddy this year with the birth of Sadie Mason?
a. Ben Affleck
b. British wrester Shirley Crabtree (aka Big Daddy)
c. Pamela Anderson
d. Adam Sandler
11. Who had an affair with their children's nanny?
a. Ozzy Osbourne
b. Sadie Frost
c. Jude Law
d. Mickey Mouse
12. What did Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's son, Sean Preston, fall out of and hurt his head this year?
a. His high chair
b. His parent's king-size bed
c. A car
d. Britney's arms
13. How old was Michael Douglas when he fathered his son, Dylan, with Catherine Zeta Jones
14. Why was one journalist thrown in jail shortly before Angelina Jolie gave birth?
a. For singing lullabies outside their luxury hotel
b. He was trying to take a picture of the couple
c. He was wearing a pink item of clothing - a colour banned by Angelina for being unlucky.
d. He referred to them as 'Brangelina'
15. What did Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise call their daughter?
16. Who is the father of Kate Moss's daughter Lila Grace?
a. Pete Doherty
b. Naomi Campbell
c. Tommy Hilfiger
d. Jefferson Hack
17. What is the name of Bob Geldof's eldest daughter?
a. Peaches Honey Blossom
b. Moominshine Petals
c. Fifi Trixibelle
d. Bob the Builder
18. Which famous Playboy Playmate recently announced she was pregnant?
a. Hugh Hefner
b. Anna Nicole Smith
c. Denise Richards
d. Hilary Clinton
19. What trademark item was Gwen Stefani sporting at the birth of her baby?
a. Her Japanese Harajukau girls
b. Red lipstick
c. Five-inch heels
d. A microphone
20. What did Tom Cruise buy fiancée Katie Holmes to help her during the birth of their daughter?
a. A portable DVD player
b. A water cooler
c. An iPod
d. A Sony PSP
21. Which popular 1980s actress gave birth to her third child in June 06?
a. Elisabeth Shue
b. Joan Collins
c. Jennifer Gray
d. Mr Miyagi
22. What did supermodel Heidi Klum crave during her pregnancy?
a. Peanut butter and anchovies
b. Pistachio ice cream
c. Men in spandex
d. Cheeseburgers and fries
23. What did Julia Roberts name her twins?
a. Philip and Heather
b. Bill and Bob
c. Phinneaus and Hazel
d. Britney and Christina
24. What did Pamela Anderson claim eased her morning sickness?
a. Bouncing on a trampoline
b. Making love
d. Wearing her red Baywatch swimsuit and running in slow-motion
25. What unusual skill did Kate Beckinsale discover she had after giving birth to her daughter Lily?
a. She could jungle three balls while simultaneously walking a tightrope
b. She could survive on two hours sleep
c. She could speak Latin
d. She could squirt milk out of her breasts and hit a wall across the room
26. Which biblical character did Gwyneth Paltrow name her second child after?
27. Which combination of three celebrities have all adopted children?
a. Lionel Richie, Calista Flockhart, Nicole Kidman
b. Angelina Jolie, Demi Moore, Lionel Richie
c. Nicole Kidman, Sharon Stone, Macaulay Culkin
d. Beyoncé Knowles, 50 Cent, Elton John
28. What sparked recent rumours that Jennifer Lopez was pregnant?
a. She was pictured with grey hair-roots
b. She showed off a tattoo stating 'I'm three months pregnant'
c. She was visiting a fertility clinic
d. Mark Anthony took an advert out in a Los Angeles newspaper announcing the happy news
29. What was Madonna's first children's book called?
a. Mr Peabody's Apples
b. Mrs Ritchie's Dominatrix Chamber
c. The English Roses
d. The Scottish Thistles
30. What is David Bowie's son called?
31. What is the name of Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck's baby daughter?
32. What is the name of Seal and Heidi Klum's son?
33. What did Britney Spears' confess a craving for while pregnant with Sean Preston?
d. Fried Chicken
34. What custom-made fashion accessory is Heidi Klum having specially made for her during her current pregnancy?
35. In which country did Angelina Jolie give birth to her daughter this year?
b. South Africa
36. What did Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster name their baby son?
37. Which Hollywood actress adopted a third son in June this year?
a. Sharon Stone
b. Angelina Jolie
c. Pamela Anderson
d. Meg Ryan
38. What magazine did a pregnant Britney Spears pose naked on the front cover of this year?
d. Harpers Bazaar
39. What did actress Meg Ryan change the name of her adopted Chinese baby Charlotte to?
40. What month did Brooke Shields give birth to her second daughter this year?
41. What did Brooke call her new arrival?
a. Grier Hammond
d. Shiloh Nouvel
42. Russell Crowe and his wife, Danielle Spencer, became parents for the second time in July. Where did she give birth?
d. Los Angeles
43. What did Crowe and Spencer call the baby?
44. Which legendary male British musician is expecting a baby?
a. Paul McCartney
b. Mick Jagger
c. Roger Daltrey
d. Elvis Costello
45. What did Geri Halliwell call her baby daughter?
d. Bluebell Madonna
46. Which pregnant supermodel is rumoured to have conceived via artificial insemination?
a. Kate Moss
b. Linda Evangelista
c. Naomi Campbell
d. Heidi Klum
47. Which star of a popular 90s sci-fi TV series recently announced she is pregnant?
a. Sarah Michelle Gellar
b. Neve Campbell
c. Gillian Anderson
d. Alyson Hannigan
48. Which former Destiny's Child singer is currently pregnant?
a. Beyonce Knowles
b. Michelle Williams
c. LaTavia Roberson
d. Kelly Rowland
49. Which female pop superstar is currently planning on adopting a baby?
b. Britney Spears
c. Christina Aguilera
d. Beyonce Knowles
50. Which 'Ocean's 11' actor celebrated becoming a father for the first time in June 2006?
a. George Clooney
b. Don Cheadle
c. Matt Damon
d. Brad Pitt
How did you do?
35 - 50: You are a celebrity baby expert. You could easily get a job working as Tom and Katie's nanny or help Brad and Angelina with their bundle of joy. In fact, are you sure you weren't at the birth of some of these precious tots?
15 - 35: Your knowledge of the celebrity baby boom gurgles but is not ga-ga. It seems you have only been cooing over some of the star tots but handing back the others. You need some lessons from such dedicated parents as Gwyneth and Chris.
0-15: Where have you been?! Either you've been living under a rock or babies just aren't your thing. If Brad and Angelina handed you their tot you would probably hand it back quicker than Tom could say "Scientology". Perhaps celebrity weddings are your thing, when are Tom and Katie tying the knot again?
1. a 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. a 6. b 7. b 8. c 9. b 10. d 11. c 12. a 13. c 14. b 15. d 16. d 17. c 18. b 19. b 20. c 21. a 22. d 23. c 24. b 25. d 26. b 27. a 28. a 29. c 30. b 31. b 32. c 33. d 34. c 35. a 36. b 37. a 38. d 39. c 40. b 41. a 42. b 43. a 44. d 45. d 46. b 47. c 48. d 49. a 50. d