Lil Wayne was hospitalised after suffering multiple seizures over the weekend.

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne

The 'Sucker For Pain' rapper - who suffers from epilepsy - was forced to pull out of a concert in Las Vegas on Sunday (03.09.17) after he was found unconscious in his hotel room at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago and taken to Northwestern Memorial, where he had another seizure.

Soruces told TMZ Wayne's team had tried to have him discharged on Sunday afternoon so he could make his show at Drai's Beachclub at the Cromwell Hotel, but doctors advised against it as they felt it was too risky for the rapper to fly, as he has had seizures in the air before.

Wayne's representative has now confirmed he has left hospital and is resting.

T.I. was drafted in to replace the 'Lollipop' hitmaker at the venue.

They wrote on Instagram: "Due to unforeseen circumstances Lil Wayne will be canceling his previously scheduled performance tonight at Drai's Nightclub located at the Cromwell Hotel.

"In lieu of his absence T.I. will be performing in his place alongside DJ Franzen for another installment of Sundrais. Lil Wayne and the entire Young Money / Maverick team are valued partners and members of the Drai's LIVE family.

"Our priority is the health and well-being of our artists. Everyone at Drai's wishes Lil Wayne a speedy recovery during this time."

In 2016, the star had to make an emergency landing when he suffered seizures on a flight from Wisconsin to California.

And fans were shocked when he was hospitalised in 2013, and Wayne subsequently revealed he's epileptic.

He previously said: "This wasn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh... I have had a bunch of seizures, you just never hear about them.

"My heart rate went down to 30 percent. I have people around me who know how to handle it. This time was real bad because I had three back to back and the third one was so bad."


Tagged in