To celebrate the release of Madonna’s super stylish new film W.E., which stars Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough and James D’Arcy and hits cinemas on January 20th, we are giving ten lucky readers the chance to win a copy of Simon Werle’s book Fashionista: A Century of Style Icons.
When King Edward VIII made the decision to give up the throne to be with the woman he loved, Wallis Simpson, the move shocked the nation and divided the monarchy.
W.E. tells the story of their love affair, alongside the story of a contemporary woman in New York, who becomes transfixed by the chic, charismatic Wallis (Andrea Riseborough Made In Dagenham), who spoke her mind and captured the heart of the king (James D'Arcy, Cloud Atlas).
Directed and co-written by Madonna, W.E. uncovers the truth behind one of the greatest romances of the 20th Century.
Fashionista: A Century of Style Icons is an original and inspiring portrayal of style icons featuring the unforgettable faces and bodies that helped propel designers into the limelight over the years.
The book features a wide array of fashion icons, including sophisticates such as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Wallis Simpson, it-girls like Edie Sedgwick and Chloe Sevigny, bombshells like Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot, and eccentrics like Bjork and Grace Jones.
To be in with a chance of winning this prize just answer the following question:
Which king gave up the throne for Wallis Simpson?
A) Edward VIII
B) George V
C) Edward VII
For more information on W.E visit the official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/movie.we
Terms and conditions
- Competition will close on 19th February
- Open to UK participants only
- Prize for the ten winners is a copy of Fashionista: A Century of Style Icons
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
- Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
Closing Date : 19th February 2012
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!