BATTLE OF THE SEXES, starring Emma Stone and Steve Carell, will arrive in UK cinemas 24 November. In celebration of its release we have two retro merchandise bundles to giveaway to two lucky winners!
In the wake of the sexual revolution and the rise of the women’s movement, the 1973 tennis match between women’s World #1 Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and ex-men’s-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell) was billed as the BATTLE OF THE SEXES and became one of the most watched televised sports events of all time, reaching 90 million viewers around the world. As the rivalry between King and Riggs kicked into high gear, off-court each was fighting more personal and complex battles. The fiercely private King was not only championing for equality, but also struggling to come to terms with her own sexuality, as her friendship with Marilyn Barnett (Andrea Riseborough) developed. And Riggs, one of the first self-made media-age celebrities, wrestled with his gambling demons, at the expense of his family and wife Priscilla (Elisabeth Shue). Together, Billie and Bobby served up a cultural spectacle that resonated far beyond the tennis court, sparking discussions in bedrooms and boardrooms that continue to reverberate today.
For a chance to win, just answer the question below: Which character does Emma Stone play in BATTLE OF THE SEXES?
- Billie Jean King
- Billie Jean Knight
- Bille Jean Riggs
Visit the BATTLE OF THE SEXES social pages for the latest updates:
BATTLE OF THE SEXES is out in UK Cinemas 24 November.
Terms and Conditions
Female First is the competition promoter.
- Please note this competition is open to UK residents only.
- The competition will close on 22nd December 2017.
- Please note the rating of the film is 12A.
- Prize for one winner is ONE (1) x Retro Bag, ONE (1) x Retro water bottle, ONE (1) x polo shirt, ONE (1) x sun visor – each only.
- The winners will be picked at random from all correct entries and will be contacted via email or phone.
- The name, email address and contact number of the winners will be requested for prize fulfillment and may be passed to a third party provider for prize arrangement.
- The Winners must respond accepting the prize with 7 working days from the time of notification, failure to do so will result in their prize becoming void and the editor will have the option to pick another winner from the pool of valid entrants.
- In the unlikely event the prize is no longer available a similar prize to the same value will be provided.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Winners.
- The prize will be delivered to the Winners within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purpose of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.