No matter what your goals for 2018, whether starting that business, running a 10k or finally decorating the spare room, good planning is often the key to it actually happening (or not, as is often the case). We all know that following through is much easier said than done, and the reality of every day life means it’s hard enough to think about tomorrow, let alone the month or year ahead. That’s why good planning is so important.
So, whatever your goals and objectives, below are some top-level tips from Kirsten Wilson, founder of Hello Day, for successfully planning out your months and ticking off your daily to-dos:
Monthly Planning1. Set yourself goals and then write them down. Writing them down helps you to actually commit - you’ll feel great when you get them done and tick them off at the end of the month.
2. Break them down into achievable chunks for each week. Starting is often the hardest part, but you’ve now got a manageable weekly objective to work towards day by day.
3. Focus on the task at hand – the end goal can sometimes seem distant and daunting but good planning helps us end each day with a sense of accomplishment.
1. Take time each morning or the night before to plan your day. Write down your schedule and set your daily to-dos. Don’t forget to include what’s important to you – exercise, family time etc.
2. Be realistic with what you can achieve in a day. Don’t over pack your day with to-dos, or you’ll end up feeling down on yourself for not getting things done.
3. Prioritise your top to-dos. Set yourself your three top priorities and focus on getting them done each day. Other tasks you don’t manage to do can be carried over to the next day, but ticking off those key tasks is key.
About Hello Day Planner
Hello Day is a stylish range of planners, stationery and accessories from Manchester based interior designer, Kirsten Wilson.
The Hello Day range is a perfect blend of Kirsten's design expertise and her organisational skill. The planners are as much about wellbeing as 'work' to-do lists - they help to keep track of healthy eating, exercise, reflection and keeping positive - helping to achieve goals and end each day with a sense of accomplishment.
For your chance to win- just answer the following question: Where is Kirsten Wilson based?
Closing Date : 18th January 2018
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!