HACKSAW RIDGE is the epic and inspiring true story of DESMOND DOSS (Andrew Garfield; Silence), the army medic and conscientious objector who, during the bloodiest battle of World War II, saved 75 men without firing a gun. Mel Gibson directs this all-star supporting cast, including Sam Worthington (Avatar), Hugo Weaving (The Matrix), Teresa Palmer (Triple 9), Luke Bracey (Point Break) and Vince Vaughn (TVs True Detective).
HACKSAW RIDGE was nominated for six Oscars® at the 89th Academy Awards® including Best Picture; the film took home the award for Best Film Editing and Best Sound Mixing. It was also nominated for five BAFTAs at the 2017 Awards, including Leading Actor; the film was awarded a BAFTA for Best Editing.
To celebrate the DVD release of Hacksaw Ridge on 22nd May, we’ve been given 2 pairs of tickets to a special screening at London’s Imperial War Museum on 18th May. Winners will not only get to watch the film in an exciting setting, but they’ll also have free entry into the museum’s usually ticketed exhibition “People Power: Fighting for Peace” beforehand.
To enter, tell us what World War Desmond Doss fights in?
A: World War I
B: World War II
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via Female First OR by Female First Twitter account [only one entry per person] is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 10:00am on 21st April 2017. The closing date of the prize draw is 12:00pm on 11th May 2017. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw [supervised by an independent person] on 11th May 2017.
- The winner will receive a pair of tickets to attend the HACKSAW RIDGE screening at London’s Imperial War Museum, Lambeth Rd, London SE1 6HZ on the 18th May 2017 at [18:30pm]. Transportation to and from the Imperial War Museum is not included.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail (using details provided at entry) before 12th May 2017 and must respond from that e-mail address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within  days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be confirmed via e-mail by the Promoter to the winner within  day of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Female First of 70 Gerard Street, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, WN4 9AE
Closing Date : 12th May 2017
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!