With the surge in online health and food influencers, one would think that we Brits were becoming more adventurous with our recipes, yet there are still a surprising number of people who admit that they are stuck in a rut when it comes to cooking.
Thanks to Love Pork and Rebecca Adlington, we have the perfect recipe video to give your family a new and delicious midweek meal. An unexpected surprise on every level, pork medallions are quick and easy to cook, tasty, versatile and healthy. You can watch Rebecca’s Sticky Pork Loin Medallions with Greens, Chilli and Coconut Rice below with the full recipe below for you to follow.
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes
4 pork loin medallions
1 tbsp rape seed oil
250g tenderstem broccoli
250g pak choi
2 tsp pre-chopped chilli
1 tsp pre-chopped garlic
2 inches peeled, sliced ginger
2 tbsp sesame seeds
6 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
3 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Juice 1 lime
2x 250g packets of steamed coconut rice
- For the sauce, pour all ingredients, except lime juice, into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and reduce by a third. Add lime juice.
- Pour &12; tbsp of rape seed oil into a frying pan, turn heat to medium high. Tenderise pork medallions to 1cm thickness and cook in pan for 2 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- When nearly cooked, brush medallions with a little sauce to create a sticky glaze, controlling heat to prevent burning. Remove pork from pan and allow to rest.
- Add remaining oil, tenderstem broccoli and 2 tbsp of water to the pan, cook for 4 minutes on a medium high heat. Add sliced ginger, chilli, garlic, pak choi and 2-3 tbsp of water, toss for 3 minutes until leaves are wilted and veg is cooked. Add sesame seeds.
- Heat rice as per packet instructions. Serve, pile on vegetables and the thinly sliced pork. Pour over warm sauce and enjoy with a squeeze of lime and coriander.
For your chance to win Love2shop vouchers so you can go and get everything you need to make this recipe just answer this simple question…
Q) How long does it take to cook pork medallions?
A) 2 minutes each side or until juices run clear
B) 3 minutes each side or until juices run clear
C) 4 minutes each side or until juices run clear
Tagged in Shopping
Closing Date : 19th November 2017
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!