To celebrate the release of Woody Allen’s MIDNIGHT IN PARIS out on DVD on February 6th, Female First are offering you the chance to win a Rom-Com DVD bundle including MIDNIGHT IN PARIS as well as Valentine’s Day, Life as We Know It, Music & Lyrics and Going the Distance! MIDNIGHT IN PARIS has recently achieved critical acclaim by scooping a Golden Globe for Best Screenplay as well as four Academy Award nominations and one BAFTA nomination!
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS is Woody Allen’s valentine to the City of Light, which he considers equal to New York as the great city of the world. 'Of course I’m partial to New York because I was born there and grew up there,' he says, 'but if I didn’t live in New York, Paris is the place I would live.'
The film is the second time Allen has filmed there, after a small bit of Everyone Says I Love You. 'I get great enjoyment out of presenting Paris to the cinema audience the way I see it,' he says.
'Just as with New York, where I present it one way, and other directors present it other ways, somebody else could come and shoot Paris in a completely different way. I want to present it my way, projecting my own feelings about it.'
Witness a romantic comedy that is a breath of fresh air as ‘Gil’; (Owen Wilson; Marley and Me, Wedding Crashers), a talented Hollywood screenwriter and his wife ‘Inez’ (Rachel McAdams; The Notebook, Sherlock Holmes) travel to Paris with her wealthy parents. Gil is seeking inspiration for his first novel, but Inez does not share his romantic idealistic notion of the world.
Unimpressed by Inez’s pseudo-intellectual, pompous acquaintances, Gil wanders off into the city one night alone to find his creativity and gets far more than he bargained for. As the clock strikes Midnight, Gil is transported back to the 1920s where he encounters idols of literary and art history and is swept up in a magical whirlwind of culture and nostalgic refinement.
Torn between this newfound secret nightlife and the present day realism of his family vacation, Gil’s marriage, and his grip on reality are both called into question.
With an incredible all star cast including Adrien Brody (The Pianist, King Kong) Michael Sheen (Frost/Nixon, The Queen), Tom Hiddleston (The Deep Blue Sea, War Horse) Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose, Inception), Mimi Kennedy (Due Date, Pump up the Volume), Alison Pill (Scott Pilgrim, Milk), Kathy Bates (Titanic, Misery) and Carla Bruni (The Lake House, 500 Days of Summer), this cinematic event and Golden Globe® nominee is one not to be missed.
We have FIVE bundles to give away. To be in with a chance of winning just answer the following question:
In which city is MIDNIGHT IN PARIS set?
C) New York
© 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment All Rights Reserved
Released on DVD on February 6th.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition will close on 1st March
- Open to UK participants aged over 15 only
- Five winners will each receive a DVD bundle including Valentine’s Day, Life as We Know It, Music & Lyrics, Going the Distance and Midnight in Paris
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
- Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into
Closing Date : 6th March 2012
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!