This impressive yet simple Recipe keeps well in the fridge for up to 2-3 days (if you can resist it that long!).
Ingredients: For the trifle:
- 1 packet trifle sponges, cut in half lengthways
- 300ml strong Douwe Egberts Pure Gold coffee
- 800ml thick readymade custard
- 300ml double cream, whipped until just holds its shape To decorate:
- Flaked toasted almond
- Sugared pink rose petals and violets
- Dragees - silver or gold coloured edible balls
- Line your serving dish/bowl with the trifle sponges and arrange around the inside of the dish.
- Pour in the coffee evenly over all the trifle sponges; push them in to shape around the dish with the back of a spoon.
- Pour over the readymade custard tapping the side of the dish to remove any air bubbles.
- Gently spoon on the cream to create a layer on top of the custard.
- Decorate with the flower petals, dragees and toasted flaked almonds.