Real comfort food but easy on the purse, this great combination will appeal to all the family.
1 pack Jus RolTM ready rolled shortcrust pastry
2-3 potatoes (skin still on) cooked, cooled and cut into medium dice
2-3 rashers bacon - chopped
1 leek - halved down its length, sliced and well washed and drained
80g cheddar or other cheese of your choice - grated
Beaten egg to glaze
Follow pastry preparation instructions.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas M6.
2. Cook the bacon in a medium frying pan over a gentle heat, after 3-4 minutes add the prepared leeks and cook until just tender - allow to cool.
3. Unroll the pastry sheet and place on a lined baking sheet. Scatter the cooled vegetables and bacon evenly over the pastry leaving a border all round of approx. 2-3 cm.
4. Brush pastry edges with beaten egg, then pinch up to form a ‘wall’ round the filling, scatter top ever the grated cheese and brush outside edges of pastry with egg.
5. Bake for 18- 20 minutes until pastry golden and the cheese nicely melted. Serve hot.