Ingredients (makes 3):
- 1 box white cake mix (made as directed)
- Neon food colouring in pink, yellow, green, turquoise, and purple
- 3 one-pint , oven-proof glass jars
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees/gas mark 4, thoroughly wash and dry each jar and spray the insides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop about ½ cups of cake batter into 5 small bowls and tint each bowl with a couple of drops of food colouring and mix well until very vibrant.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the purple batter into the bottom of each oven-proof jar. Continue to spoon equal amounts of turquoise, green, yellow, and then red batter until a layered effect is achieved.
- Place jars (without lids) into a shallow baking dish and add ¼ inch of water in the baking dish.
Dishes made by Cookery School (cookeryschool.co.uk) from recipes inspired by The BFG. THE BFG is available on Blu-ray and DVD from 10th September.