Roald Dahl’s classic film THE BFG is to be released on DVD and Blu-ray for the first time, on 10th September.
The film, featuring the voice of David Jason, has been digitally restored to celebrate 30 years of the classic tale, about the little heroine Sophie and her friendship with the friendly vegetarian giant.
These recipes have been created with the childish spirit of Roald Dahl in mind, as they are fun, colourful, and guaranteed to cause merriment.
Ingredients (makes 2):
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops raspberry sorbet
- 2 cans ginger ale
- Whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Popping candy
- Natural food colouring
- Put scoops of ice cream and raspberry sorbet into a tall sundae glass. Experiment with food colouring to give the ice cream scoops unusual hues.
- Experiment with adding drops of natural food colouring of your choice to some ginger ale.
- Dig a small funnel into the ice cream, and pour the green ginger ale through it. Watch the colour spread between the ice cream scoops and sorbet.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- Sprinkle the top with popping candy to give it an extra ‘whizzpopping’ sound!
Ingredients (makes one round):
- 1 cucumber
- Sandwich bread or rye bread
- Cream cheese
- Topping of choice: chopped dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper, mint, parsley
- With a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber lengthwise and place the strips in sheets of kitchen paper to remove excess moisture.
- Spread the bread with cream cheese and strips of cucumber.
- Remove the crusts.
- Cut into whatever fun shapes you like! Gingerbread cutters are perfect for this.
- Sprinkle with preferred topping.
See page two for the neon-coloured Dreamcatcher cake jars.