by Hayden Groves
A simple, gluten and dairy free dish that will completely change the way you view mayonnaise! A perfect accompaniment to the fish, Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise gives the perfect creamy and indulgent sauce.
- 4 x 150gm Skinless halibut steaks,
- 300ml Good quality white fish or chicken stock
- 75 gm Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise
- 1tsp of your favourite mixed chopped herbs such as parsley, chives, chervil
- 1 tsp Lilliput Caper berries, rinse in cold water and drain
- Pre heat an oven to 180c
- Season the halibut on both sides with salt and pepper, place in an oiled oven proof dish that is just big enough to hold all the pieces without touching
- Heat the stock to a simmer, pour carefully into the dish and place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until just barely cooked, as it rests for the two minutes to make the sauce it will carry on cooking
- Meanwhile chop the herbs and prepare the capers, weigh the mayonnaise into a bowl
- When the fish is out of the oven immediately measure 180ml of the halibut cooking liquor, reduce by half as quick as you can in a medium sauce pan, remove pan off the heat pour some hot stock into the mayonnaise and whisk, pour this back into the remaining stock in the sauce pan and heat stirring over a medium heat until a simmer
- Add the herbs and capers
- Place the fish on four hot serving plates, and divide the hot creamy sauce all over.
Recipe courtesy of Heinz.
Tagged in Recipe