Serves 2 as a vegetable main, or can be shared between 4 as a side.
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 20ml Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, coarse
For the Charred Spring Onion Aioli:
- 80ml Heinz Salad Cream
- 50g Crème Fraiche
- 2 Spring Onions, blackened on the grill & finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced or finely chopped
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 2tbsp Harissa
- 3 Anchovies (optional)
- 1tbsp toasted Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Start by blanching the whole head of broccoli in some boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove from the water and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Make the Charred Spring Onion Aioli by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl
- Fire up the barbecue for direct grilling over high heat. Whilst the fire is coming to temperature, roll the broccoli in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the broccoli atop the burning coals until lightly blackened and crisp all over.
- Remove the broccoli from the grill and serve on a base of the Charred Spring Onion Aioli, with some reserved for spooning over the top, along with the harissa, the chopped hazelnuts and anchovies (if using) ripped into a few pieces.
- Season to taste.
Heinz sauces BBQ recipes from Josh Katz.
Tagged in Recipe