Let's face it. Porridge is boring. It may be a great breakfast food, but the idea of eating it day in, day out isn't exactly one that fills me with glee. If you have a sweet tooth, why not spice it up and try this butterscotch flavoured porruge?
The great thing about porrige, though, is that it's so forgiving, that you can just throw the ingredients into a bowl and hope for the best - and it's not usually too bad. For that reason, it's best to experiment with the quantities to get it just the way you like it!
- 1 egg
- half a cup of milk
- a good handful of rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- Place the milk, egg and brown sugar into a saucepan, and whisk them together over a medium heat.
- When they're warm, add the oats, and stir them in well. Keep an eye on it whilst it boils.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes, and stir constantly, whilst it thickens to the right consistency.
- Once it's just the way you like it, take it off the heat, and put it into a bowl. Serve piping hot
Serve Recipe serves one.
Tagged in Food And Drink