Prep: 40 mins
Cooks in: 10 mins
- 25g butter
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 375g pack ready rolled short crust pastry
- 330ml crème fraiche
- 3 medium eggs
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 150g Cathedral City Mature Cheddar, grated
You will also need:
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Use a food processor to mix the butter and flour with the salt, Cayenne, mustard powder, Cathedral City Mature and the Parmesan.
- It will eventually bind together without the need for egg or water. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and gently roll out the pastry to about 2 cm thick. Use a star cutter to create the biscuits. Arrange them on a greased baking tray about 2cm apart.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the beaten egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated Parmesan. Bake for 10mins, or until golden brown.
- Carefully lift the biscuits off the tray using a palette knife and place on a rack to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Cathedral City Mature Cheddar.
Tagged in Recipe