- 1 Turkish bread roll
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 stick celery, diagonally sliced
- 4 green spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 180 ml Newman's Own Ranch Dressing
- Make croutons by tearing roll into 3cm pieces. Place on an oven tray. Drizzle with combined oil and garlic. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- Cook bacon in a heated, non-stick pan, stirring, until crisp. Remove.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken meat coarsely.
- Combine salad leaves, celery, spring onions, tomatoes, chicken and bacon in a large bowl. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve: Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad. Top with croutons.
Recipe courtesy of Newman's Own.
Tagged in Recipe