- 220g coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 50ml coconut oil
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- ½ a teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a doughnut tray with a small knob of butter. In a bowl mix the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and sweetener until batter is smooth.
- Fill wells in the tray about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes until just set and slightly brown on the edge and allow to cool completely. In a frying pan, add ½ inch of canola oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add 5 doughnuts at a time to the pan, cook for 1 minutes then flip over for another minute. Remove from pan and dip into coconut coating then allow to cool
- Coconut coating - combine toasted coconut and powdered sweetener in a bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Atkins
Tagged in Recipe