Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 6 slices of smoked streaky bacon
- 3 slices of wholegrain toast
- Olive oil for greasing
- 25g mature cheddar, finely grated
- 25g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170fan/gas mark 5. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bacon and fry for about five minutes, until just starting to crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime take the slices of bread and cut out 4-4.5cm rounds (you should be able to get two rounds out of every slice). You can use a round biscuit cutter to do this.
- Generously grease a six-hole muffin tin with olive oil and wrap a bacon slice around the sides. Place a bread disk at the bottom of each hole. Add the spinach and cheese, then crack an egg on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and cook for about fourteen minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Run a knife around the edge of each cup to release easily from the tin and serve with a side salad.
British Lion Eggs is kick-starting this year's British Egg Week (10th - 17th October) with the launch of the #PutanEggonit campaign, which aims to encourage more adventurous ways of eating eggs. https://www.egginfo.co.uk/british-lion-eggs
Tagged in Recipe