These are perfect for all the family, they're quick and easy to make and contain one of your five a day!
Canned food UK have created this recipe so that you're eating more healthily whilst still getting loads of excitement and flavour from you food.
Here's what you'll need and how to make it -
Chilli Stuffed Peppers
1 x 410g can vegetarian Chilli 99% fat free
1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 290g can mushrooms, drained
225g long grain cooked rice
1 cinnamon stick
50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
A little olive oil
4 red peppers
1 small pot natural yogurt
Handful of chopped fresh mint
¼ cucumber, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400F, 200C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Empty the vegetable Chilli and tomatoes into a saucepan and heat gently until just starting to bubble.
3. Add the rice, cinnamon and cloves. Heat gently for 4 minutes. Remove the cinnamon and cloves and add the cashew nuts.
4. Halve the red peppers and remove the seeds. Brush with a little olive oil and place on a baking sheet, spoon the chilli into the peppers and bake for 20-25 minutes until the chilli is heated through and the peppers still slightly crunchy.
5. Mix together the yoghurt, cucumber and mint and chill until ready to serve.
How to serve: Serve the stuffed peppers with the yoghurt dressing. Serve with a baby spinach and tomato salad.
Nutritional value per serving:
Carbohydrate: 43 g
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Fibre: 3 g
Iron: 3 mg
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below or tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK