Cooking time: 20-25 mins
- 4 white baps
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into thick slices
- 8 slices of cooked beetroot
- 1.5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 large slices cheddar cheese (1 per burger)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Hellmann's Fruity Habanero Sauce
- Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 500ml rapeseed oil
- 200g tempura batter
- Par cook sweet potato slices until just starting to soften
- Half red peppers and remove all seeds. Roast in oven on medium heat until soft and slightly charred on the edges, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix rapeseed oil, crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper
- Lay sweet potato slices flat onto baking tray and cover with oil mixture ensuring both sides are covered. Cook in the oven on 180 degrees for 8 mins until soft, but still a little firm
- As they cook, lightly toast your buns under
- the grill
- Add a generous serving of Hellmann's Hellmann's Mayonnaise to the base of the burger bun add a handful of baby spinach and 2 slices of cooked beetroot then add the roasted pepper.
- Once the sweet potato slices are cooked to your liking coat them in flour and them dip them in a light tempura batter and cook for 2mins in 500ml of hot rapeseed oil.
- Place 1 large slice cheddar to the burger and place under the grill till melted. Once the sweet potato is cooked place on top of the cheese, add a generous serving of Hellmann's Fruity Habanero sauce and the top half of the toasted bun and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lucky Chip for Hellmann's, created as a part of the Grilltopia campaign in celebration of their new range of premium BBQ and Hot & Spicy sauces. For more information, visit www.hellmanns.co.uk.
Tagged in Recipe