by Joan Ransley
Spinach is a vegetable that is tolerated by most people with a sensitive gut and it complements smoked salmon very well. The sweetened lemon cuts through the richness of the salmon.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 x 150g portions hot smoked salmon
- 300g spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the skin and pith from the lemon. Slice as thinly as you dare and remove any pips. Place the sliced lemon, any excess juice, caster sugar, capers and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Steam the spinach for 1 minute until it is just beginning to wilt. Plunge into cold water and then drain thoroughly.
- Place the spinach on the plate and top with a portion of salmon. Place a little sliced lemon to one side of the salmon and dress the salmon and spinach with the remaining lemon juice, capers and olive oil.
Gut Week 2016 takes place 29 August - 04 September. Visit www.loveyourgut.com
Tagged in Recipe