- 180ml double cream
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 Atkins Chocolate Decadence bars (60g)
To make the ice cream:
- Pour the cream and milk into a large saucepan and stir in the vanilla pod and seeds. Bring to the boil, then immediately turn off the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until pale and whisk in the cream and milk. When thoroughly combined, return the liquid to the saucepan and set over a very low heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the custard is just thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat, remove the vanilla pod and pour the custard into a clean bowl. Cover the surface with cling film and leave to cool.
- Put the cooled custard into a pre-chilled ice cream maker. Churn until thick (this could take over 30 minutes) then transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and leave to stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.
To make the sandwich:
- Meanwhile cut 4 pieces of tinfoil into 8 squares. With a serrated knife, cut each Advantage bar in half lengthwise.
- Spread the ice cream over two halves. Top with the remaining half. Wrap each sandwich in a piece of foil. Place in freezer at least 4 hours, or until very firm.
Recipe courtesy of Atkins.
Tagged in Recipe