- 250gr gnocchi
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 80gr pieces of Odysea Saganaki Kefalotyri cheese
- 150gr all purpose flour
- Ice-cold water
- 30 sage leaves
- A good knob of butter, melted
- ½ lemon
- Sea salt & freshly grounded black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium heat. Add the gnocchi (drop onto base of pan in a single layer, but don't overcrowd as they can stick together) and cook until they rise to the surface. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Drizzle over some olive oil & cover with cling film to keep warm.
- Dip the cheese in ice-cold water and then into flour so that you cover all sides. Repeat and then shake off excess flour. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the cheese until golden on all sides, turning as necessary.
- Rub about 30 sage leaves in your hand to release the flavour, then fry for a few seconds until they darken slightly. Lift out and drain on paper towel.
- Put the kefalotyri saganaki & gnocchi in a serving bowl and scatter over the sage. Drizzle over a little melted butter and then finish with a grating of black pepper.
- Serve immediately with a lemon drizzle.
Recipes created by Theodore Kyriakou from The Greek Larder in partnership with Odysea http://www.odysea.com
Tagged in Recipe