Cooking time: 20-25mins
- 600g beef mince (15% fat)
- 4 white baps
- 4 large slices cheddar cheese (1 per burger)
- 4 slices smoked back bacon
- 4 pineapple rings (1 per burger)
- Small handful Baby Spinach
- Hellmann's Australian Sweet Grill Sauce
- Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Sunflower oil
For the onion rings:
- 500ml Rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion
- 100g Flour
- 30ml milk
- 1 egg
- Weigh the mince into four portions of 150g and use your hands to shape into burger patties.
- For the batter for your onion rings add flour to mixing bowl, create well in middle of flour and mix eggs and milk gradually into the flour until completely combined and smooth consistency. Set aside
- Pour rapeseed oil into pan and heat until at 160 degrees
- Cut onion into large slices, separate rings, roll in remaining dry flour and dip into batter before gently dropping into the rapeseed oil.
- Fry for about 1 min then flip and fry other side, repeat until both sides are light golden brown. Remove from oil and set aside on clean piece of paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Grill the bacon, turning every couple of minutes with tongs, until it's cooked through and as crispy as you like it
- Grill pineapple rings alongside bacon for 2 mins or until golden brown then set aside
- Meanwhile, Heat the sunflower oil on a flat griddle or frying pan and cook the burger patties over a medium heat for 2 mins. or until meat is nicely caramelized. Just before you turn them give a generous seasoning with good quality sea salt
- As they cook, lightly toast your buns under the grill alongside your bacon.
- Flip the burger patties and add cheddar cheese to the top while the second side cooks for a further 2 mins or until juices run clear
- Add a generous serving of Hellmann's Mayonnaise to the base of the burger bun add a handful of baby spinach and slice of bacon.
- Once the burger patties are cooked to your liking, place the bacon on top and continue to stack your burger by adding pineapple ring followed by onion ring. This will create a small well in the middle of the onion ring and pineapple.
- Fill the well in with a generous serving of Hellmann's Australian Sweet Grill sauce and top with the top half of the toasted bun and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lucky Chip for Hellmann's, created as a part of the Grilltopia campaign in celebration of their new range of premium BBQ and Hot & Spicy sauces. Fo
Tagged in Recipe