Coriander and chilli add sizzling Asian flavours to mouthwatering pulled pork.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Calories: 429 per burger
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 400g lean pork shoulder, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 small or 1/2 large avocado, peeled?and stone removed
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve (optional)
- 4 x 70g wholemeal bread rolls, split
- 50g coarsely grated carrot
- 100g mixed shredded white and red cabbage
- Mist a heavy-based pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Cook the onion, pepper, garlic and chilli, stirring, for 3 minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mist the same pan with cooking spray. Cook the pork, turning once, for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned all over. Add the onion mixture, tomatoes and vinegar. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until the pork is tender and the sauce thickens. Transfer the meat to a large plate and shred using two forks. Return to the pan, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mash the avocado with the lime juice in a small bowl, stir in the sweetcorn and coriander, then season well and set aside.
- Lightly toast the bread rolls. Divide the sweetcorn mixture, carrot, cabbage and pulled pork between the rolls, then serve with the extra coriander leaves and the?extra chilli, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Tagged in Recipe