The royal baby has arrived and to celebrate Kerrygold have created these incredible biscuits.
They’re perfect if you’re throwing a royal baby party, but if not, they’re absolutely delicious so you can have them anytime!
Here’s how you can make your own at home.
Royal Baby Biscuits
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes, plus cooling
Makes: Approx 16
100g (4oz) Kerrygold butter, now softer
50g (2oz) caster sugar
150g (6oz) plain flour
¼ tsp ground mixed spice
1 egg yolk
Red, white and blue writing icing
Silver balls and gold stars or small sweets
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Sift in the flour and mixed spice, stirring to combine. Add the egg yolk and bring the mixture together with your hands, kneading lightly until smooth. Wrap and chill for 15-20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Use crown-shaped cutters to stamp into biscuits (or use a plain or fluted cutter). Carefully lift onto the baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden. Cool for a few minutes on the trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Decorate the biscuits with red, white and blue writing icing, then finish them off with silver balls and gold stars or small sweets.