- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 8 good quality pork or pork and apple sausages
- 2 rashers smoked back bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 250ml Newman's Own Original Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or sauté pan, with a lid, add the sausages and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally or until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and stir in the bacon and onions, cook for 2-3 minutes then stir in the carrots and mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Return the sausages to the pan and add the beans. Stir in the Sticky BBQ Sauce, then bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for 5 minutes more or until the sauce has thickened slightly, the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve in bowls with a chunk of crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Newman's Own.
Tagged in Recipe