- 125ml/4oz Shaoxing rice wine (or you can use dried sherry as an alternative)
- 125ml/4oz mirin
- 125ml/4oz dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2x large rib eye steaks
- For the marinade, take a clear plastic sealable food bag and add the Shaoxing, mirin, soy sauce and caster sugar
- Seal the bag and give it a shake so that all the ingredients mix together
- Place the rib eye stakes into the bag, making sure they are fully immersed in the marinate, seal it up and pack in the picnic and leave it in the back of the car until you arrive at your destination
- Once your BBQ is ready, take the steaks out of the bag and place them straight onto the BBQ
- Cook on each side for a few minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked
- Once cooked, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped coriander and then slice the beef into strips to serve.
Ahead of this year's Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, which takes place on 1-4 September, title sponsor Land Rover has collaborated with TV chef James Martin to encourage Burghley spectators to go the extra mile with their picnics this year.
Tagged in Recipe