This quick and simple pasta dish is full of veggie goodness! Make sure you prepare all the vegetables first and chop into small diced pieces before you begin. The deliciousness of olive oil in Bertolli with Butter is perfect for sweating all the vegetables and its creaminess is ideal at the end to bind the dish together as well as adding shine to the flat surfaces of the superb pasta cone shapes which combine really well with all the lovely fresh summery vegetables.
- 400 gr multi-coloured small cone-shaped pasta
- 120 gr Bertolli with Butter & extra knob
- 60 gr red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 60 gr celery, finely chopped
- 60 gr carrot, finely chopped
- 60 gr fennel, finely chopped
- 60 gr fresh peas (podded weight)
- 60 gr red pepper, finely chopped
- 60 gr courgette, finely chopped
- 60 gr asparagus tips, finely chopped
- 2 x artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 60 gr beef tomato, deseeded & finely chopped
- 30 ml white wine
- A little salt
- handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- juice of 1 x lemon
- grated parmesan, to serve
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water on the heat, bring to boil and cook the pasta for 2 - 3 minutes until 'al dente.'
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat, add onion, chilli, celery, carrot, fennel, peas and sweat for a minute.
- Add peppers, courgettes, asparagus & artichokes and continue to sweat for a further minute. Stir in a little salt. Add wine and a ladleful of hot water (you can use the cooking pasta water) and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add to the vegetables, and stir in chopped tomato, mint & basil. Add lemon juice and a knob of butter and toss well together.
- Remove from the heat and serve with some grated parmesan if desired.
Recipe courtesy Italian celeb chef Gennaro Contaldo and Bertolli with Butter.
Tagged in Recipe