For the pastry:
- 375g Yeo Valley butter
- 110g icing sugar
- 375g plain flour
- 45g egg yolks
- 30ml water
- 500ml Yeo Valley double cream
- 50g glucose
- 400g dark chocolate
- 100g Yeo Valley butter
- Firstly make the pastry. Do this by softening the butter in food processor but do not cream. Add in the icing sugar, then the flour and finally the egg yolks and the water. Mix until all combined.
- One you have your ball of pastry, wrap it in clingfilm and place in the fridge for half an hour. After half an hour, roll out your pastry and place it in your flan dish. Bake blind at 180C for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove the baking beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove form the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the chocolate gananche filling, place a saucepan of water on the hob to boil. Break the dark chocolate into a bowl and add the butter. Place the bowl over the saucepan of boiling water to melt.
- In a separate pan, bring the double cream and glucose to the boil. Once boiled, pour the cream onto the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until very smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pre-cooked pastry tart base. Allow to set at room temperature for approx. 4 hours.
- Serve with Candied Oranges and Crème Fraiche.
tagged in Recipe