'Star Wars Battlefront 2' is going to be a "much bigger" game that its predecessor and will have levels based on the new trilogy of films.
In a recent financial presentation, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen told investors that EA DICE intends to have much more content available out of the box when the sequel launches and not be so dependable on DLC to expand the adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
Jorgensen said: "We're looking forward to bringing to the table next year a much bigger, much more exciting 'Battlefront'. If there was criticism, they just wanted more. So we're taking that criticism to heart as we build the next game and trying to address any of the issues that they had ... This year we'll have the opportunity to leverage content from the new movies and we think that will make the opportunities much larger."
So far, there is no confirmation as to whether there will be a single player campaign supplement the all-action multiplayer levels which saw original trilogy heroes and villains such as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader and Boba Fett face off against each other.
'Star Wars Battlefront' has proven to be a huge sales success for EA with the Outer Rim, Bespin and Death Star expansion packs all doing big numbers. On December 6 the final DLC drops which features content themed around new spin-off movie 'Rogue One'.
The DLC will feature new maps, including the sandy beaches of tropical planet Scarif, and the inclusion of Rebel Alliance fighter Jyn Erso and Orson Krennic, the Imperial Military Director of Advanced Weapons Research, as playable characters.
'Star Wars Battlefront 2' is currently scheduled for a late 2017 release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.