To combat the cravings from quitting smoking, try using a Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) product such as Nicorette Freshmint Gum, which doubles your chance of stopping smoking compared to using willpower alone.
Nicorette* has the widest range of NRT products available, each with its own profile and benefits to suit the needs and lifestyles of individual smokers.
The range includes Nicorette Gum, 16 hour Patch, Inhalator, Microtab and Nasal Spray. For further information visit www.nicorette.co.uk or call 0800 2 GIVE UP.
ACTRESS, ANGELA GRIFFIN’S TOP 10 STOP SMOKING TIPS
1. Plan to stop completely and make your quit day special – why not pamper yourself
2. Write a list of why you’ve stopped smoking to remind yourself when times are tough
3. Wash and clean your clothes to remove the smell of smoke
4. Distract yourself from the stress of cravings by taking a hot bath, watching a movie, playing a computer game or going to the gym
5. If you’re concerned about weight gain, keep some healthy snacks within reach
6. Mark off days and even hours on your calendar – beat cigarettes one at a time
7. Put the money you’re saving into a jar to be spent on a treat such as gym membership
8. Think positively and remind yourself that you’re in control, you’re choosing not to smoke
9. Ask your friends to help by trying to avoid smoking around you
10. Practice saying ‘No thanks, I don’t smoke’ in case you’re offered a cigarette