David Beckham has proven over the years just how fit he really is, and sometimes it is just nice to look at.
His recent campaign with H&M for his underwear line proved exactly this.
So, if you're boyfriend is a little more James Corden than Beckham, then why not offer him this workout.
He'll be just as thankful for it as you will.
Justin Way of Pure Gym provides an example workout:
1. Alternate lunges superset with tuck jumps - great for flexibility, leg strength and power. Aim for 20 lunges and 10 tuck jumps.
(Tuck jump. - Stand with your feet slightly inside the width of your shoulders. Bend your knees and lower your body down 8-12 inches. Explode into the air and bring your knees up to your chest in a tucked position. Upon landing, your feet should be in a strong, dorsi flexed or "toes up" position. Use your whole foot to generate power not just your toes! Maintain good posture in your upper body. Keep your chest and head up. Don't let your shoulders lean out beyond your knees. This can stress your lower back. Explode off the ground as quickly as possible and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
2. Press-ups superset with squat thrusts - this will help build good upper body strength and a strong core. Begin with 10 press-ups and 30 seconds of squat thrusts.
(Squat thrust - Stand with feet together. Squat down and place your hands on the floor next to your feet. In an explosive movement, jump feet backwards into a push-up position, jump feet back between hands and stand up.)
3. Abdominal crunch/plank position/Russian twists - perform this as a mini circuit. Begin with 12 slow and controlled crunches. Hold the plank for 30-60secs with a nice neutral spine. Perform 30 secs of Russian twists ensuring you twist fully from right to left.
4. Reverse crunch superset with oblique crunches - This will help develop lower ab and oblique strength. If you play football then you could generate more kicking power, meaning harder strikes of the ball and longer passing!
5. Boxing training - if you’re at home try shadow boxing for 3 minutes, in a gym try hitting pads or a bag if there is one. Immediately after complete press-ups to failure and then squats to failure. The boxing session gets the blood pumping everywhere around your body. The press-ups shunt the blood to your upper body and the squats then force the body to redirect it to the lower body. The constant redirection of blood forces your body to work extremely hard. This leads to massive fitness gains and a huge calorie burn.....which is what you'll need to help reveal those abs!!
Interval 1: 3 minutes hard intense work followed by 2 minutes slower paced recovery. Complete 3-6 intervals. Best performed on steppers, cross trainers and treadmills.
Interval 2: 20 seconds all out sprint followed by 10 seconds slow paced recovery. Complete 10 intervals. Good to perform on bikes and rowers.