Women spend their life testing out the latest fad diets, some with temporary success until they fall off the diet wagon and eat every fatty food in sight. The trick to losing weight and feeling fabulous is not a complex diet of counting every calorie you put into your body, it is more simple and less time consuming than that. Why not just eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise for as little as 10 minutes per day? Yes, it does take an average 6 months to see results but if you want quick results then unfortunately the new look fades away just as quick.
Fad diets are the devil and are just as addictive as the Chinese you have every weekend. The worst for promoting these stupid diets are celebrities, whether it be 'drop 10 in 10 days' or '500 calories a day diet', it is just not going to give you that healthy, long lasting summer body you have wanted to achieve each year.
Here are some Fad diets to avoid this year:
1. 3 day diet- A load of rubbish that leaves your body starving which means you eventually put all the weight and more back on once eating normally again.
2. Soup diet- Although the liquid diet proves popular it is not something you can stick to, soups is healthy if home-made but should be eaten along side a healthy diet otherwise you are left feeling lethargic and very faint.
3. Fruit and veg diet- yes, these are healthy and nutritious but living off them will bung you up and also eating too much fruit can rot your teeth. It is restricted and because of this you find yourself craving bad foods more than ever which again leads to an unhealthy binge.
4. The Cereal diet- It may have been rumoured to have worked for Abbey Clancy but come on, it is not realistic and cereal is full of sugar. This is the ultimate crash diet and it again just leaves you constipated and in most cases a few pounds heavier is not overweight.
5. The 24/7 diet- This is the most ridiculous craze to date, it requires you sleeping 24/7 for you to avoid eating all together. It may seem like a slobs dream but unfortunately it is very unachievable.
Although some celebrities weight fluctuates up and down like a see-saw, Geordie Shore star, Vicky Pattison has given a good example of how hard work pays off. The star has gone from a size 16 to a size 6 and no, it hasn't taken her 2 weeks to achieve it. The star has worked a number of months with a personal trainer and also revamped her diet to make sure she was ready to set off the New Year with a new trim body, how jealous are we?!
Exercise is key when it comes to loosing weight and this is something people don't consider along side their diet. Even over eating on good foods can affect the scales, so something like running up and down the stairs before lunch for 10 minutes counts as beneficial exercise. The most common excuse for not working out is 'I don't have the time', i think this is absolute rubbish.
There are many things you could turn into a work out even running errands using a light jog is helpful. Fad diets can be dangerous when it comes to exercise so the more you work out the more calories you can save up to eat a healthy version of your favourite meal.
Also why do we succumb to the word diet all the time? just because something is branded 'diet' doesn't mean it is good for you. Women especially love a 'low fat' product and swear by them when it comes to their daily food in take. This to is also considered a fad diet, you can't keep up eating such garbage forever.
No, it is not a must to diet yourself into a smaller size just because we have entered a new year but even cutting bad habits in your diet and taking up light exercise would benefit you in more ways than just your shrinking waist size.
Girls, please diet properly so we can all look fabulous, feel fabulous and also make 2014 the most fabulous year to date.
Here are some healthy ways of exercising that women love to do:
1. Shopping- This is something us women are fantastic at and also it burns calories whilst walking round the shops. It is not just clothes shopping that fights the flab but also the weekly food shop why not make something that seems so repetitive a way of getting into shape?
2. Cleaning- We all find cleaning a bit of a chore but grab your duster and put some energising music on and pair it with exercise until the job is done.
3. Grab a fitness CD- A ten minute blitz in the morning before you get in the shower and start your day is better than nothing.
4. Cooking- Slaving over the cooker can be a boring task but it is something we all do, as silly as is sounds try running on the spot as light exercise even if you do feel like a wally.
5. Running errands- Why not walk? We do take our legs for granted when we all have a car and if the distance is not great then we have no excuse not to put them to good use and work up a sweat.
Lauren Cunningham- Female First
Tagged in Diets