Celebrity psychologist Jo Hemmings shares her tips on how to keep fit and look good at the same time.
Recent research has indicated that women aren't taking part in fitness activities due to worries about how they'll look whilst doing them and afterwards.
Jo shares her top tips on how we can achieve both, so we literally have no excuse not to.
1. With its transition from gym to street wear, exercise clothing has never been more fashionable or diverse. There is something out there to suit everyone – of all ages and all sizes.
2. Think of exercise as a means to an end, both in Health and appearance terms. For example, regular walking – whether on the street or on a treadmill– will give you firm and toned calves – perfect for wearing those high heels!
3. Taking part in an event such as Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life is the perfect way to support a good cause, enjoy some gentle, non-competitive exercise with like-minded friends and get a real sense of achievement.
4. Exercise releases endorphins; the body’s natural mood enhancer and knowing that you feel good can really lift both your inner self-esteem and your outer self-confidence boosting the way that you look to others too.
5. Wherever you’re exercising, simply wearing your hair clipped into an ‘up-do’, a tinted moisturizer, lip gloss and a slick of waterproof mascara means you can still get fit without compromising on the way that you look!