The research was carried out by kitchen company Betta Living, and also found that 78% of us prefer to cook out BBQ food indoors because we don't trust the weather not to turn.
So with that in mind, why not plan an 'indoor BBQ'? Just make sure you know that you can't use your outdoor cookers inside your house or garage - they produce poisonous gas that can kill you when it can't disperse into the air. Betta Living has put together these top tips on how to have the perfect indoor BBQ:
- Open patio or kitchen doors to create that alfresco feel
- Use plastic plates and glasses, despite being indoors to retain that BBQ feel
- Make sure you’ve got plenty of space for everyone – it might be okay to have 20 people in the garden, but ensure your guests can comfortably fit in the kitchen or lounge too
- Bring your garden furniture indoors and on hand for a quick dash back outside. You can always cook indoors, but eat outside if the rain suddenly stops
- Keep the dress code summery – you will be indoors so don’t need to wrap up!
- Make sure your iPod is ready to go. Good music is the most important ingredient to any party - indoors or out!