Anthea Turner is known for her love of cleaning. She shares her home cleaning tip with us.
- Storage, storage, storage– it’s very difficult to clean around shampoos and shower gels so put them away after every use especially if you have a big family
- To create that sparkly hotel feeling, use a wet cloth to clean then polish with a separate dry one
- Colour coordinate your cleaning cloths – blue for loo and pink for sink
- Keep an eye out for unsightly, chalky limescale especially if you live in a hard water area and use a good limescale remover like Viakal as soon as you spot any – danger areas are taps, the plughole and shower head (it’s best to unscrew this and soak)
- Keep your toothbrush in the cupboard to protect it from airborne germs
- Don’t let dirt build up, instead wipe the sink after every use
- Opt for tiles or a lino flooring rather than carpet as this is a breeding ground for bacteria
- Refrain from keeping pot pourri in the bathroom as this will collect dust
- It’s a great idea to keep cleaning products in the bathroom itself but pop them in the cupboard
- Most importantly, keep your bathroom in a state you enjoy
Anthea Turner is working with Viakal to raise awareness of the effects of limescale. Viakal is available at all good supermarkets.